Chronology of events
the State IT systems selected in the separate article of expenses of the federal budget for increase in management efficiency
The Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications prepared offers on the separate expense accounting on the state information systems (SIS). Subordinated organization of the ministry – Federal State Budgetary Institution Center of Examination and Coordination of Informatization (TsEKI) also participated in development of offers. Reported about it to the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications on July 29, 2020.
The prepared changes are considered in the draft of methodical instructions on distribution of the budgetary appropriations of the federal budget developed by the Ministry of Finance which will be applied during the planning and implementation of the federal budget of 2021-2023. According to recommendations, in a separate expense code budget financing of the state information systems will be selected.
Since 2021 state agencies will provide information on two expense codes:
- 242 "Purchase of goods, works, services in the field of information and communication technologies";
- 246 "Purchase of goods, works, services for the purpose of creation, development, operation and decommissioning of the state information systems".
All expenses on GIS will be selected in code 246. To them will be also belongs expenses on the information systems intended for automation or information support of providing state services.
The expense code 242 was entered at the initiative of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications and included in budget classification in 2011. In it all ICT expenses was selected.
|Federal State Budgetary Institution TsEKI as the expert organization at the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications, will give methodical support on integration of a new expense type into the system of coordination and accounting with the sphere of ICT of state bodies. In the nearest future we will release the corresponding explanations training materials for state agencies, we will complement, if necessary, with the necessary functionality a federal state information system of coordination of informatization (KI FSIS), - the acting director of Federal State Budgetary Institution TsEKI Yakov Tebenkov told.|
|Introduction of separate accounting for the information systems implemented by request of public authorities is a system measure which will allow to improve management of key IT assets of the state, including planning and the expense accounting on creation and operation, accounting of the intellectual rights and entering into the register of federal property, - the director of the department of development of architecture and coordination of informatization of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications Vasily Slyshkin considers.|
The Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications carries out the separate expense accounting on the information systems and components of information and telecommunication infrastructure operated by state agencies at the expense of means of the federal budget and budgets of state non-budgetary funds. Accounting treatment is based on provisions of the order of the Government of the Russian Federation published on June 26, 2012, "About a federal state information system of accounting of the information systems created and purchased at the expense of means of the federal budget and budgets of state non-budgetary funds".
Digital special troops: IT skills for 174 thousand government employees
In July, 2020 it became known of the size of the created "digital special troops" — managers who will be engaged in upgrade of all system of public administration due to implementation of technologies and digitalization of all aspects of life. It is expected that till 2024 the corresponding IT competences will receive 174 thousand government employees, including upper managers.
Within the national program "Digital Economy" the Center of executive training of digital transformation created based on the Higher school of public administration of a RANEPA under the auspices of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications and the Ministry of Economic Development is engaged in training.
- In 2019 13490 government employees had training of "digital special troops". In the 2020th to them 9775 officials will increase, including:
- 50 deputies federal ministers and deputy managers of federal services;
- 2000 heads and participants of project offices on digital development from all regions;
- 3127 public and municipal servants in regions;
- 4598 people — in a remote format.
In 2019 training in the field of data management, digital transformation and public administration there underwent the Deputy Prime Minister Victoria Abramchenko, the minister health care Mikhail Murashko and the Deputy Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications Maxim Parshin.
In 2020 in the conditions of COVID-19 of value of electronic services which increased in conditions of a pandemic and acceleration of digital processes, preparation within the federal project "Personnel for Digital Economy" of anti-recessionary leaders of CDO (Chief Data Officer) and commands of digital economy (CLIQUES) will become the separate area of work. Training in management programs, based on data, will become project and acceleration: 500 commands will create projects, 50 of which will be implemented in regional authorities and the large companies and corporations.
How to create division of digital transformation in the conditions of terrible staff deficit. Recommendations for CDO in a public sector
The center of executive training of digital transformation of VShGU RANEPA executed a research (to download PDF), in which it is told about experience of reorganization of an organization structure of departments and about work of commands of digital transformation in the system of a state administration. For this purpose specialists of the center studied experience of digital transformation of the Russian and foreign public authorities.
Materials of a research are intended for heads, HR departments of federal executive authorities which should create division of digital transformation in department.
Having analyzed successful experience of other countries and cases of the Russian state organizations, authors of work revealed patterns and common problems and also created the recommendations about creation and improvement of organizational and regular structure of the division responsible for digital transformation.
As successful foreign examples researchers regarded Denmark, Australia and Great Britain: in these countries administrative processes and procedures passed through multilevel changes. As a result digital transformation took place safely, the high level of confidence of citizens to the public digital services was reached, safe storage and use of data is provided. Besides, the efficiency of the organizations thanks to implementation of modern management tools grew, note in the Center of executive training of digital transformation of VShGU RANEPA.
In Russia from the beginning of implementation of the national program "Digital Economy" in federal agencies deputy managers on digital transformation for the first time appeared; On February 1, 2020 the prime minister Mikhail Mishustin gave assignment that heads of a federal executive authority should appoint the deputies responsible for digital transformation of departments.
In a research experience of organization structures of management of digital transformation in Federal Treasury, Accounts Chamber of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Labor, Ministry of Construction, Federal Antimonopoly Service is considered. On the basis of experience standard difficulties of the organization of work of the divisions responsible for digital transformation in FOIVAKH were selected.
Researchers separated these difficulties into three groups:
- personnel difficulties (deficit of specialists in the market, lack of motivation to development of professional competences in the field of digital development in government employees, the shortage of IT specialists in the state and system training in new digital technologies, methods of management of the available employees);
- regulatory and financial restrictions (the staff list does not correspond to requirements of authority for IT support, the low level of payment of specialists contractors, absence of employees with competences of development of technical documents for state structures);
- the problems connected with unsystematic approach to management of digital projects (employees participate in 5−10 projects in parallel, resources of IT department are spent for solving of tasks of industry departments, a conflict of interest, lack of automation in project management, etc.).
|If developers of the state digital services and products just carry out separate tasks, and change of processes in department does not happen – inevitably there is "a digitalization of chaos", i.e. transfer "in digit" inefficient and even excess processes, - the academic director of the Center of executive training of digital transformation Maria Shklyaruk notes. – At the same time a number of the factors not obvious at first sight affects quality of digital products: including it is industry and functional features of public authority, the number of the subordinated organizations and other aspects.|
In this sense it is useful for heads who implement transformational projects today to study not only experience of other countries, but also experience of the Russian organizations which already took steps and certain outputs to ways of digital transformation, Shklyaruk says.
Create an optimal organization structure of division of digital transformation and form successful teams of digital projects is really difficult managerial task, authors of a research emphasize. Should solve it the head responsible for digital transformation, together with HR department.
The absence of highly skilled IT specialists in authorities brings to that, something it is impossible to carry out transformational tasks and to provide implementation of digital projects, or it is necessary to find additional, including financial, resources for the organization of works with involvement of specialists on outsourcing.
According to authors of a research, proceeding from the analysis of a situation, it is possible to draw a conclusion that the problem of shortage of highly qualified personnel in the field of IT in authorities will not lose the relevance in the next decade and will only be aggravated taking into account intensive development and appearance of new IT.
Considering relevance of this problem, at the end of the document authors bring the main steps on development of a personnel ecosystem in the field of digital transformation into the organizations.
The center of executive training of digital transformation submitted recommendations about remote work for government employees
Experts of Accounts Chamber revealed the most open and most closed state IT systems
The Accounts Chamber made GIS rating on the level of availability of information and quality of data in them, having analyzed 50 state systems. The most part from them, as it appears from rating, it is information are closed. The Accounts Chamber announced the rating on January 26, 2020 within the presentation of the analytical report "Assessment of openness of the state information systems in Russia" created by it together with ANO Informatsionnaya kultura and the Center of perspective management decisions. download
The Accounts Chamber will send the prepared report to the Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Chernyshenko, the Federation Council, the State Duma and also the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications. Department was engaged in its creation in a work progress according to the analysis of openness of the state in Russia. As declare in Accounts Chamber, it only the beginning of work on the analysis of a FSIS which will be continued further within the actions planned by it.
|The Accounts Chamber aims at that GIS fully corresponded to the principles of openness that data in them were available to work and management decisions, and citizens could use them without restrictions — the chairman of Accounts Chamber Alexey Kudrin noted.|
For inclusion in rating authors of the report selected 50 state systems with the socially significant and having the potential for disclosure information. These systems were selected from 876 FSIS existing in Russia according to data of the Federal state information system of coordination of informatization (KI FSIS). Each FSIS was estimated by experts in 12 attributes characterizing availability of information on GIS and quality of open data in it.
Authors of the report understand presence of the following characteristics at them as "openness of GIS":
- openness and availability of information including telling about the purposes of creation of GIS, her operator, the performed functions, budgets on creation, development and operation;
- existence and quality of their open data which are possible for using for the purpose of creation of public benefits (public goods) and also for the commercial or research purposes;
- opportunities and conditions of integration with others GIS for the purpose of operational receiving or information transfer in the system system mode.
The most open systems
Only eight GIS of rating got to category with high degree of openness. Other systems were categorized with average, insignificant and low degree of openness and also with complete and almost complete closeness of data.
Among GIS with high degree of openness such systems, as:
- Federal state information system state directory of museum fund of Russia;
- The state integrated information management system public finance "The electronic budget";
- The unified information system in the field of purchases;
- Portal of the public and municipal authorities;
- Federal information address system;
- The uniform Internet portal for promoting of cultural heritage and traditions of Russia;
- Unified state register of objects of cultural heritage;
- Portal of open data of the Ministry of Culture.
The operators of GIS referred to the highest category as authors of a research note are only 4 departments:
- Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation;
- Federal Tax Service;
- Federal Treasury.
Experts carry the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation to the absolute leader of the rating among departments as four of eight systems of category with high degree of openness are GIS of this ministry.
The most closed systems
Also 8 GIS got to category with complete and almost complete closeness of data. The speech about the following:
- Automated information system of accounting of the non-profit and religious organizations;
- A single state information system in the field of health care;
- System of ensuring legislative activity;
- Automated information system "National digital library";
- A federal state information system of public control in the field of environmental protection and environmental management;
- The electronic database of all cultural values moved as a result of World War II and being in the territory of the Russian Federation;
- Unified information system of management of the personnel structure of the public civil service of the Russian Federation;
- Single federal information system of lands of agricultural appointment.
Recommendations for operators
In addition to GIS rating, authors of the report made for each of 50 profile systems with the description of their key advantages and shortcomings in terms of availability of information and quality of open data. Also authors carried out the detailed analysis of five FSIS which got into different groups of rating. For each of them they formulated "best practices" which can be considered by operators of other systems.
Experts formulated also a number of recommendations of rather state data and GIS. They recommend:
- enhance emphasis in state policy on quality of the data collected and published by departments, their availability to use by end consumers, first of all, business, non-profit organizations (NPOs), media, representatives of civil society;
- develop and enshrine in the legislation accurate definition of the term "the state information system", having separated this concept from other types of information systems, in particular the websites of public authorities;
- enshrine mandatory requirements to disclosure of data in GIS, including regulations on them, technical specifications on development current and creation of the new systems;
- strengthen control of observance of requirements for disclosure of data and also responsibility of departments in case of their non-compliance;
- create a uniform resource for public monitoring of state expenditure on IT and GIS;
- open data of a system of coordination of informatization in open access and in a format of open data, and not just in the form of the list of information systems;
- finish the system of budget classification for the purpose of unambiguous identification of budgeted expenses on objects of informatization, irrespective of the level of implementation of such expenses.
Difficulties of accounting of GIS
Telling about features Russian GIS, authors reports note that the most part of the federal systems - for example, the portal of the public and municipal authorities, the portal of legal information - have even no public information about that why and as they were created. Moreover, the significant quantity of the online resources and systems created by the government and other authorities, on the contrary, has no status GIS.
|It is difficult to define exact quantity of FSIS due to the lack of accurate determination of GIS - in corresponding the NPA specifies only indirect criteria of reference of an information system to GIS and also low quality of the data which are publicly placed about them. With respect thereto the state costs for GIS are opaque, - experts say.|
Regional, according to them, also to determine quantity by GIS rather difficult because of low-quality registers in many regions of Russia: they are not updated till several years or contain information only on the largest of GIS. Besides, in 17 regions registers of GIS are absent in open access in principle.
|Nevertheless, if to be based on the data from regional registers with high quality of filling of information which, as a rule, contain from 90 to 180 GIS the total quantity regional GIS makes about 8-12 thousand, - authors of the report report|
Also they pay attention to lack of the uniform resource considering expenditure of departments for creation, development and operation of GIS in full and also that fact that financing of such expenses can take place under the different articles of the state budget. Besides, experts connect opacity of costs for GIS with low quality of the open information published on the FSIS portals KI and GIIS "Electronic Budget".
The system of coordination of informatization designed to perform including function of the register of the information systems which are available in Russia, according to them, does not consider GIS, created and operated in budgetary institutions, does not publish detailed information on budgets of GIS and data on the actual execution of these budgets. The existing regulatory requirements in the field of state informatization also do not allow to consider a number of the costs for GIS which are formally performed by departments out of expenses on IT.
|The structure of the budgeted expenses connected with GIS is heterogeneous: costs for GIS, DPC and the infrastructure of the electronic government (IEG) are separately selected that complicates calculation of real budget costs on GIS, - authors of the report note.|
The total costs of IT of federal level in 2017-2019, by their estimates, made from 100 to 130 billion rubles a year. At the same time the share of expenses on GIS in 2017-2019 made 50-60% of IT budgets (60-75 billion rubles), including taking into account costs for DPC and IEP.
Processes of functioning of GIS, according to authors of the report, are integrated to acceptance and approval of the corresponding legal acts and technical specifications from the state customers. Due to the accepted standards of regulation, according to them, these processes can seriously be dragged out that leads to permanent technical adjustments of GIS and emergence of difficulties at their operation.
|For example, long implementation of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of the functions of the state customer regarding development of the NPA setting requirements to the state information system of housing and communal services (GIS of housing and public utilities) led to multiple completions of GIS after its commissioning. In this connection there were technical difficulties when entering data into GIS from suppliers of information and also placement of information in GIS of housing and public utilities not always happened in full, - authors of the report inform|
Why IT shniki go to a public sector where salaries are up to 30% lower than the market. A discussion at a conference of TAdviser
What new requirements and to what employees show processes of informatization of state structures? During the debatable discussion "The personnel of digital economy" unrolled at the TAdviser Government Day conference on March 11 to many listeners new depths of a question about which, perhaps, they did not even suspect opened. In more detail - in article "Why IT Shniki Go to a Public Sector where Salaries Are Up to 30% Lower than the Market".
Three ministries transfer employees to remote work in connection with a coronavirus
On March 17, 2020 reported to RBC that the Ministries of Economic Development, Minpromtorg and the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications which moved to a government complex in "Moscow City" intend to transfer the employees to remote work. Read more here.
The list of "digital special troops" is published: 50 officials responsible for digital transformation of federal bodies
On March 12 the Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin met 50 officials responsible for digital transformation (CDTO) of federal bodies, and explained what the government waits from them for. It became the first meeting such, and the list of the persons selected to be responsible for digital transformation, according to the results of a meeting was for the first time published on the website of the government  (to download). The government calls them deputy managers, but upon some of them do not hold these positions yet or at all are candidates for the corresponding posts in the ministries and departments.
For example, the former deputy administrator of Roskomnadzor Maxim Ksenzov applies for a position responsible for digital transformation in the Ministry of Culture, and the deputy head of the Moscow Department of Education Tatyana Vasilyeva - on a post in the Ministry of Public Education of the Russian Federation.
The former deputy governor of Kursk region Maxim Beskhmelnitsyn only two months ago appointed the deputy head of IT department of the government can become the deputy manager of the Ministry of Justice. Andrey Dydykin, the deputy director of development department of the industry of socially important goods of Minpromtorg, applies for a digital position in Federal Medical Biological Agency.
The ex-director of the "Personnel for Digital Economy" direction of ANO Tsifrovaya ekonomika Andrey Selsky marks at the Ministry of Sport, the Chairman of the Committee of forestry of the Moscow region Ivan Sovetnikov passes into Federal Forestry Agency.
Evgeny Petrov, the adviser to the Minister of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection, - the candidate for Federal Agency for Subsoil Management.
Among the "digital" deputy managers of the federal ministries and departments holding posts the deputy manager Federal Treasury Alexander Albychev, the Deputy Minister of Health Pavel Pugachev, the vice chairman of the board Pension fund Vadim Akkuzin, the Deputy Minister of Labour and Social Protection Alexey Sklyar, Federal Service for Environmental, Technological and Nuclear Supervision the deputy manager Anatoly Geller, the head of department of information technologies FSSP Natalya Zvyagina, the deputy minister transport Alexey Semyonov, the deputy manager participated in a meeting FCS Denis Tereshchenko.
Mishustin noted that digital transformation of the government at all levels is of particular importance now, and for the solution of major problems special people are necessary, with special skills and special experience – "if you want, digital special troops of the government". Therefore requirements to deputy managers on digital transformation of federal state agencies too special, Mishustin emphasized.
It will fulfill not just the duties taking into account features of this or that industry, and at the federal level will implement new methods and forms of work even if they are unusual for contractors, and in practice to prove advantages of digital technologies to the heads, colleagues and citizens of Russia.
|Most of you already passed through quite tough selection. You were tested. In any case, I know, all of you are professionals from capital letter, people who passed through a large number of projects in the field of digitalization. And we connect high expectations with your future work, - the prime minister said.|
Federal directors of digital transformation will have powers on change, reengineering of all workflows in the ministries and departments, including their transfer to online services for the population and transition to data management which arrive in real time today, Mikhail Mishustin explained.
In the nearest future, according to the Prime Minister, the standard departmental program of digital transformation calculated on three years will be developed. She should turn on indicators on which it will be possible to estimate results of information technology implementation. And each of federal CDTO will be responsible for their accomplishment in the sphere, to have the corresponding indicators, KPI. Necessary financial resources are provided within the Digital Economy national program.
|Colleagues, you should work with the maximum return, literally 24/7. Leadership skills, ability to work in a command, professional knowledge, modern management skills because much still should learn will be necessary, - Mishustin said and suggested to organize at the same time for federal CDTO training based on a RANEPA.|
According to Mikhail Mishustin, support to federal CDTO will be given by the Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Chernyshenko and the curator, the minister of digital development Maksut Shadayev. Chernyshenko who was also present at a meeting, emphasized that in selection process of the director certain obligations already undertook – digital transformation in the form of specific results to perform already until the end of the year, everyone on the direction.
|We will meet in the beginning, probably, in the weekly mode. In order that there was a fast start, it is necessary to do it. We will meet, maybe, less often further, - Chernyshenko said.|
- Abramova Elena Viktorovna is a deputy manager of Federal Agency for State Reserves
- Akinshin Yury Alekseyevich is a deputy manager of Federal Nature Management Supervision Service
- Akkuzin Vadim Viktorovich is the vice chairman of the board of the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation
- Albychev Alexander Sergeyevich is a deputy manager of Federal Treasury
- Beskhmelnitsyn Maxim Mikhaylovich is an associate director of the former Department of information technologies and communications the Governments # Russian Federation, candidate (Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation)
- Bocharov Oleg Evgenyevich is a Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Budarin Andrey Vladimirovich is a deputy manager of the Federal Tax Service
- Vasilyev Denis Aleksandrovich is a deputy manager of Federal Service for Labour and Employment
- Vasilyeva Tatyana Viktorovna is a candidate (The Ministry of Public Education of the Russian Federation)
- Gatagova Olga Anatolyevna is a Deputy Minister of Agriculture of the Russian Federation
- Geller Anatoly Yakovlevich- deputy manager of Federal Service for Environmental, Technological and Nuclear Supervision
- Gurov Grigory Aleksandrovich is the head of department of youth projects and programs of Federal Agency for Youth Affairs
- Dzhioyev Zakhary Tengizovich is a deputy manager of Federal Agency of Sea River Transport
- Dotsenko Alexey Viktorovich is a deputy manager of Federal Antimonopoly Service
- Dydykin Andrey Valeryevich is a candidate (Federal Medical Biological Agency)
- Zvyagina Natalya Vladimirovna is the head of department of information technologies of Federal Bailiff Service
- Zubov Yury Sergeyevich is a deputy manager of Federal Service for Intellectual Property
- Ivanov Alexander Olegovich is a deputy manager of Federal Agency for Railway Transport
- Ivanov Evgeny Sergeyevich. – Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation
- Kachanov Oleg Yuryevich- director of the department of projects of digital transformation of the Ministry of digital development, communication and mass communications of the Russian Federation
- Kozlov Alexander Sergeyevich is the deputy minister of construction and housing and communal services of the Russian Federation
- Ksenzov Maxim Yuryevich- associate director of the former Department of project activity of the Government of the Russian Federation, candidate (Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation)
- Mikholap Sergey Aleksandrovich is the assistant administrator of Federal Service for Alcohol Market Regulation
- Mishin Mikhail Nikolaevich is a deputy manager of Federal Agency for Ethnic Affairs
- Narukavnikov Alexander Vyacheslavovich is the deputy minister of science and the higher education of the Russian Federation
- Naumov Oleg Vladimirovich – the secretary of state - the deputy manager of Federal Archival Agency
- Naumova Tatyana Vladimirovna is a deputy manager of Federal Agency for Press and Mass Communications
- Nichiporuk Victor Mikhaylovich is an associate director of Federal State Budgetary Institution Emercom of Russia Information and Analysis Center of the Ministry of Civil Defence, Emergencies and Disaster Relief
- Ostapenko Grigory Aleksandrovich is the head of department of information technologies of Federal State Statistics Service
- Pavlyukov Dmitry Yuryevich is a deputy manager of Federal Service for Surveillance in Healthcare
- Panova Elena Vasilyevna is the deputy minister of natural resources of an iekologiya of the Russian Federation
- Petrov Evgeny Ignatyevich is the adviser to the Minister of natural resources and ekologiirossiysky Federation, the candidate (Federal Agency for Subsoil Management)
- Pridankin Andrey Borisovich- deputy manager of Federal Agency for State Property Management
- Pugachev Pavel Sergeyevich is a Deputy Minister of Health of the Russian Federation
- Radkova Natalia Vladimirovna is a deputy manager of Federal Hydrometeorology Service for Environmental Monitoring
#Ребрий Alexander Valeryevich is the director of Federal State Budgetary Institution Center of Geodesy, Cartography and Infrastructure of Space Data of Federal Service for State Registration, Cartography and Cadastre
- Selsky Andrey Konstantinovich is a candidate (Ministry of Sport of the Russian Federation)
- Semyonov Alexey Konstantinovich-Deputy Minister of Transport of the Russian Federation
- Sklyar Alexey Valentinovich is a Deputy Minister of Labour and Social Protection of the Russian Federation
- Skrypnik Nazariy Viktorovich is a deputy manager of Federal Accreditation Service
- Smolensky Vyacheslav Yuryevich is a deputy manager of Federal service for supervision of consumer rights protection and human welfare
- Sovetnikov Ivan Vasilyevich is a candidate (Federal Forestry Agency)
- Sologub Natalia Aleksandrovna is a deputy manager of Federal Agency for Water Resources
- Tereshchenko Denis Viktorovich is a deputy manager of the Federal Customs Service
- Tikhonov Anatoly Vladimirovich is a Deputy Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation
- Chernyakova Elena Evgenyevna is the director of the department of information technologies in the field of management of the public and municipal finances and information support of budget process of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation (next day after the publication of the list it was appointed the chairman of Federal Compulsory Health Insurance Fund)
- Chenin Alexander Lvovich is a deputy manager of Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media
- Chukhnova Evgenia Leonidovna is the head of department of the international cooperation of Federal Tourism Agency
- Shulika Vitaly Dmitrievich is a Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation
- Yadrov Dmitry Viktorovich is a deputy manager of Federal Air Transport Agency
The Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications developed requirements to directors of digitalization of federal agencies and will test them before appointments
As TAdviser knew at the beginning of February, 2020, sent to the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications to federal agencies, the agencies and services of the requirement to candidates for a position of the deputy manager of the federal executive authority responsible for digital transformation (Chief Digital Transformation Officer, CDTO) and also methodical recommendations about conducting testing of their management skills.
The document is intended in total for 55 organizations. There was it and at the disposal of TAdviser  (to download).
The document is sent according to order of the new head of the government Mikhail Mishustin of February 1. It orders to provide in week time introduction in FOIVAKH positions of the deputy administrator of the federal body responsible for digital transformation, or to assign such powers to the acting deputy administrator FOIVA.
Also the resolution provides that in each department the operating structural division which would provide activity of such deputy administrator should be created. These functions, however, can be assigned also to already existing division, follows from the document.
On development of requirements to CDTO of federal authorities Mishustin allocated for the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications deadlines - three days.
Requirements to candidates for a position of CDTO were created on the basis of model of competences of a command of the digital transformation developed by the Center of executive training of digital transformation of a RANEPA under the President of the Russian Federation taking into account the international and Russian experience with the assistance of expert community and also a profile of a role of the head of digital transformation.
According to model of competences requirements to personal and professional competences are selected. Personal include:
- Aiming at result
- Customer Centricity
- Emotional intelligence
And requirements to professional competences include knowledge in such areas as:
- Digital development (assumes not only existence of knowledge in the field of "digit", but also political, economic trends in the world and Russia)
- Organization culture
- Management tools
- Digital technologies (knowledge of standards and methodologies of design and creation of an organized architecture, experience of creation and organization development on the basis of architectural approach, experience of management of IT systems, knowledge in the field of cybersecurity)
- IT infrastructure (knowledge of the standards and regulating documents regulating lifecycle of IT systems and products, ability to build the technology policy of the organization and stacks the solution, to have experience of management of technical architecture of computing systems is required)
The methodical recommendations of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications provide that conducting testing of management skills of the candidate for a position of CDTO should pass through their department. So, the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications offers for this purpose the employee FOIVA, the employing CDTO to send them the request in a special form.
As envisioned by department, assessment of competences will be performed by highly skilled experts in three stages. The first two - testing of managerial potential and assessment of competences and experience in the field of digital development. And the meeting with the minister of digital development, communication and mass communications should become top of this process.
To a meeting with the minister the candidate is recommended to be prepared and define, formulate carefully key performance indicators and results of work which are going to be reached for positions of CDTO in FOIVE. According to the results of assessment on each competence points will be appropriated to the candidate.
Requirements to the level of manifestation of competences of the letter of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications are provided in a type of the chart.
For assessment it is supposed to sign the special agreement with the candidate. In the letter of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications it is specified that appraisers do not make personnel decisions.
In the Russian departments there will be officials who are responsible for digitalization
At the beginning of February, 2020 it became known of order of the prime minister Mikhail Mishustin in which it is told about need of emergence for federal executive authorities of deputy managers who will be responsible for digital transformation.
According to Vedomosti with reference to the person who studied the document it is addressed to all 55 ministries, services and the agencies.
From the letter it is necessary that departments will need or to enter a new position of the deputy for issues of digitalization, or to assign these duties to one of the acting deputies. It will be necessary to agree the candidacy with the profile Deputy Prime Minister. His name is not entered, however in the government in January, 2020 the Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Chernyshenko was appointed the curator of the Digital Economy national program.
In the text of order it is also specified that within a week in each federal executive authority there have to be divisions which will ensure functioning of such official, or it is necessary to assign these functions to one of existing. In the next two weeks all ministries and departments should provide in the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of the offer on priority tasks of new divisions which they should execute in two stages: by April 15, 2020 and until the end of the year respectively.
Had to develop requirements to deputies for digital transformation and also methodical recommendations for testing of their management skills the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications.
Mikhail Mishustin, speaking at the forum Digital Almaty in Alma-Ata at the end of January, 2020, said that digital transformation requires reconsideration of a role of the state and the organization of work of authorities. He also emphasized that Russia has disruptive technologies for implementation of the most courageous tasks in the field of digitalization.
Recommended to state agencies to transfer to FSTEC the systems from Windows 7 on newer versions
On January 22, 2020 TAdviser it became known that FSTEC published the special information message concerning the support termination operating system Windows 7; to state bodies and it is recommended to other organizations which for January, 2020 continue to use this system to upgrade to more latests version Windows till June first, 2020. In more detail here.
2019: How to organize data exchange in the digital state? A discussion on TAdviser IT Government DAY
Question of the organization of data exchange in the state not just relevant, and, one may say, burning. There is no ready answer to it anywhere in the world yet. In what main "pain" gosstuktur concerning state data? How does this "pain" seem in terms of business? In article "How to Organize Data Exchange in the Digital State?" – a detail how on TAdviser platform the public sector and business tried to put uniform "puzzle" of circulation of data in the digital state.
Uniform technology architecture and other conditions of digital break
According to the plan of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications and Scientific Research Institute Voskhod, in 2020 in Russia there has to be the chief state IT architect who will be engaged in unification of techniques and instruments of creation of the state digital platforms and IT systems. The first discussion of the concept assuming development of uniform IT architecture and appointment of the architect showed that it will be difficult to implement these ideas in practice (in more detail).
Development of uniform IT architecture of authorities - one of conditions of digital break, the Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications Noskov said in May, 2019 (in more detail). Other conditions are reduction of the legislation on state procurements in compliance to modern practice of development InformSystem on efficiency and flexibility and also creation of specialized competence center.
Priority directions of informatization of federal authorities
The Government of the Russian Federation approved by the resolution of May 5, 2016 No. 392 the list of the priority directions of use and development of information and communication technologies in activity of federal executive authorities and governing bodies of state non-budgetary funds:
1. Use of information and communication technologies for optimization of procedures and quality improvement providing public services and execution of the state functions, including using receiving mechanisms from citizens and the organizations in electronic form of information on quality of interaction with federal executive authorities and governing bodies of state non-budgetary funds.
2. Use of standard information and technology services and single network of data transmission and also system of data processing centers.
3. Use of the Russian information and communication technologies and open source.
4. Data protection, contained in the state information systems, and information security support when using information and communication technologies in activity of federal executive authorities and governing bodies of state non-budgetary funds.
5. Quality improvement and ensuring availability of the state information resources, including in the form of open data.
Development of methodical recommendations about formation of the system of target indicators by federal executive authorities and the informatization indicators corresponding to them in the listed priority directions was charged to the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation.
2019: Priority IT initiatives of federal state structures
In 2019 in a priority of federal state structures there are several key IT directions. It is, in particular, the state single cloud platform, a uniform digital circuit in health care, superservices, processes of import substitution of IT and also the initiatives connected with processing of Big Data. Read more here.
Cost structure of federal authorities on IT
Usually, speaking about informatization of state agencies and the means spent for it, obviously or implicitly mean that a considerable part of IT budgets leaves on creation, development and operation of the key state information systems (SIS) used by departments for implementation of the powers and rendering state services.
At least, such picture develops if to attend several conferences on problems and perspectives of ICT in public sector. The representatives speaking at such actions of both customers (state departments), and contractors (companies integrators) usually speak about big projects, about the Information Society program, about other federal programs providing creation of IT systems of nation-wide scale.
But in reality IT budgets of departments practically are always divided into two unequal parts – the innovation (the budget of development) and life-supporting (the budget of current expenses). And if "on average in hospital" the ratio of budgets of development and current expenses is at more or less stable level 30/70, then at some departments life support consumes 90% of the budget.
Only very narrow circle of IT champions including no more than 20-25 federal agencies has potential to constantly spend funds for the innovation projects. At the same time at departments with the biggest IT budgets and current expenses under the most routine articles (ensuring operation of personal computers, maintenance and repair of the multiple copying equipment, etc.) quite often reach values in hundreds of millions rubles, and sometimes exceeds also a mark of one billion rubles.
Ranking of federal IT budgets in 2018-2019.
In a ranking data on planned and actual volumes of IT expenses of federal authorities for 2019 are submitted and their comparison with data of 2018 is given. Read more here
The analysis of IT budgets in 2018
The total amount of IT budgets of 2018 of all of OGV - 122.215 billion rubles. Top-20 OGV practically did not change in structure in comparison with 2017 – only the MFA whose IT budget in 2018 fell short of "the line of billionaires" very little - departments whose budgets exceed 1 billion rubles dropped out of this list. Read more here.
The analysis of IT budgets in 2017
According to the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications, the total amount of the means included in plans of informatization of federal state agencies in 2016 was 109.6 billion rubles. The summary budget of development (i.e., the amount of funds, spent for creation, development or upgrade of information systems and components of information and telecommunication infrastructure of departments) reached 33.8 billion rubles (31.8%). Read more here.
The analysis of IT budgets in 2016
In 2016 the volume of expenses of federal state agencies on informatization and communication according to preliminary data will be 106.2 billion rubles that for 8.3% exceeds a similar indicator of 2015. In process of approval of plans of informatization of departments by the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of digit can be adjusted. 70% of means are spent for operation of the created infrastructure, 30% - for development projects. Read more here.
Centralization of equipment procurements
2019: To officials in Russia limited budgeted expenses on phones and notebooks
At the end of October, 2019 it is known of restriction of expenses on gadgets which are bought by officials for budget money for working needs. The draft of the corresponding government decree is published on the federal portal of drafts of regulations.
At federal officials the mobile phone should cost no more than 15 thousand rubles, the tablet — no more than 60 thousand rubles, the notebook — no more than 100 thousand rubles. At the same time it is impossible to spend more than 4 thousand rubles a month for communication too.
For advisers and assistants these amounts will be 10, 50 and 80 thousand rubles respectively. In a month they can spend 2 thousand rubles for communication.
Also 75 thousand rubles as the limit amount on purchase of the desktop computer together with the monitor, the operating system, the software and an antivirus will be set.
Restrictions do not concern heads of the federal agencies and also deputy managers of federal services and the agencies where the marginal price is not set.
According to authors of the project, still there were no restrictions for purchase by government employees of phones and computers for the budget account therefore officials purchased expensive devices which they use at work.
It created "conditions for purchase of goods with unreasonably overestimated consumer properties and providing employees with separate devices for which existence of such devices is excessive within the fulfilled job responsibilities", reported in the Ministry of Finance which took the initiative to set limits on communication and devices.
In the explanatory note it is also specified that federal state agencies have "wide autonomy at formation and the approval of standards of the price and goods quantity".
Centralization of purchases of the software
Software for conducting budget accounting
In June, 2018 there was government decree N 658 about the centralized purchases of the office software and also software for conducting budget accounting and software in the field of information security. The document defined Federal Treasury responsible for the centralized purchases of software for conducting budget accounting for the federal executive authorities (FEA) which management of activity is performed by the Government of the Russian Federation, and state organizations subordinated to them. Read more here.
Office software and cybersecurity solutions
According to the order of the Government of the Russian Federation of power on purchase of the office software and cybersecurity solutions for federal executive authorities, management of which performs the Government of the Russian Federation, are assigned to the Ministry of digital development, communication and mass communications. Read more here.
Import substitution of software in federal state agencies
The numerous words about import substitution in information technologies sounding from lips of the high-ranking officials did not lead to significant changes in IT infrastructure of federal authorities for benefit of domestic goods yet. Such output follows from the analysis of the basic software which is the cornerstone of 339 federal state information systems (FSIS).
- ↑ Digital special troops will develop digital economy
- ↑ Recommendations about work of public servants in the mode of remote access in the conditions of counteraction to spread of a new koronavirusny infection
- ↑ The government will begin digital transformation with itself
- ↑ the Draft resolution of the government on restriction of budgeted expenses for phones and notebooks for government employees