Carry self-contained units which perform useful work for people and the equipment, except for industrial tasks of automation to service robots.
In compliance the classification offered in ISO 8373:2012 and modifed International Federation of Robotics, service robotics is divided into two types:
- For personal use — it is those robots who are purchased for use in everyday life;
- For professional use — it is robots who are purchased for application for the purpose of extraction of benefit when rendering different services.
This article is devoted to the overview of the market of this equipment.
2016: Sales of professional service robots grew by 24%
Sberbank published on April 25, 2018 the state-of-the-art review of the world market of robotics prepared by Laboratory of robotics of Sberbank. According to the overview, the market of service robotics grows quicker than a segment of industrial robots. So, in 2015 48 thousand professional service robots were sold, and in 2016 this number increased by 24% (against 12% growth in sales of industrial robots) to 59 thousand. The total amount of the market of professional service robots reached $4.7 billion.
The total quantity of the sold personal service robots in 2016 increased by 24%, having reached about 6.7 million units, and the total amount of the market increased to $2.6 billion. For example, in the world already more than 20 million robots vacuum cleaners who promptly become cheaper owing to increase in the competition, noted in Sberbank.
Most of all service robots in absolute expression is on sale for logistics (~ 25 thousand units), military application (~ 11 thousand), for commercial spaces (~ 7 thousand), field works and exoskeletons (on ~ 6 thousand). Read more here.
- Robots (robotics)
- Robotics (world market)
- In the industry, medicine, fighting
- Service robots
- Collaborative robot, cobot (Collaborative robot, kobot)
- IoT - IIoT
- Artificial intelligence (AI, Artificial intelligence, AI)
- Artificial intelligence (market of Russia)
- In banks, medicine, radiology
- National Association of Participants of the Market of Robotics (NAPMR)
- Russian association of artificial intelligence
- National center of development of technologies and basic elements of robotics
- The international Center for robotics (IRC) based on NITU MISIS