Caucasus Biosphere Reserve of H.G. Shaposhnikov
Southern Federal District of the Russian Federation
Adler district, Karl Marx St., 8
The Caucasus Biosphere Reserve of H.G. Shaposhnikov founded in 1924 is the biggest across the territory and especially protected natural object in the North Caucasus today. In 1999 the reserve is included in the list of the World natural heritage of UNESCO. It is located within three territorial subjects of the Russian Federation — Krasnodar Krai, the Republics of Adygea and Karachay-Cherkess Republic. In the state of the reserve more than 180 people who are structurally entering into scientific, security and ecological and educational departments work.