Computer center of collective use of VNIIEF
The VNIIEF Center of Collective Use (CCU) is equipped with multiprocessor computer systems of a different class for providing computing services to the enterprises of Rosatom and also high-tech industries of the industry, science and education. In the center the technology of remote access to computing resources for carrying out the knowledge-intensive calculations is implemented.
Resources of computer center
- The basis of TsKP VNIIEF is formed by computing systems which cumulative power as of 2014 is 350 Tflops. The volume of computing resources of the center increased over time: so, in 2012 it made 320 Tflops, and in 2010 – only 20 Tflops. Systems are intended for carrying out calculations and complex full-scale simulation modeling of the complex engineering systems.
- The system of visualization – software and hardware tools of graphic processing and the analysis of large volumes of the data which were discharged as a result carrying out.
- An archive system – software and hardware tools for long-term storage of file data and backup of information.
- The system software consisting of OSof the Linux family, communication and other software, development of VNIIEF providing the full-function environment of parallel high-performance computing.
- Together with computing resources customers can use an import-substituting complex of the mathematical programs intended for simulation modeling of technical products, VNIIEF developed by specialists. It includes software packages for 3D - simulation modeling of "Logos", "Danko + the Cheetah", Nymph, TDMCC. Given software, according to statements of developers, can serve as a full substitute of packets of foreign development, such as STAR-CD (CCM+), ANSYS, ANSYS CFX, LS-DYNA, ABAQUS, MOD FLOW, FLUENT, ECLIPSE and others.
The software package of reverse engineering "Logos", in particular, is intended for modeling of processes of a heatmass transfer (aerodynamics, gas dynamics, hydrodynamics, heat conductivity), durability (static and dynamic deformation, contact interaction and destruction). The packet "+ the Cheetah" is intended to Danko for modeling of the intense deformed status of elements of difficult space constructions taking into account nonlinear behavior of material and contact interaction at intensive mechanical and thermal loadings.
The Nymph software package allows to model the processes characteristic of hydrogeoecology and oil gas production, and a packet of TDMCC - processes of transfer of neutrons and gamma quanta in the three-dimensional systems the Monte-Carlo method. The main scope of a complex are TDMCC computational and theoretical researches in the development areas and justifications of security of nuclear power stations.
Computing TsKP VNIIEF allows to execute a full stroke of process of modeling - from a stage of creation of model, accomplishment of calculations to a stage of visualization of data retrieveds - directly from jobs of staff of the organizations in the remote mode.
The center performs as exclusive providing a part of computing resources for carrying out calculations (the ordered computing resource for a certain time is reserved), and in accordance with general practice (the resource from the general computing field is selected).
Services TsKP are provided to the enterprises and the organizations on a contractual basis. The cost of service openly is not specified, however, for example, in the agreement on providing computing resources for 2013 with one of customers –OKBM "Afrikantov" - is given the amount about 15 thousand rubles a month for exclusive use of resource with a cumulative power of 1 Tflops.
According to representatives of VNIIEF, as of the middle of 2014 50 organizations are connected to computing resources of the center. At the end of 2011 about 35 organizations were connected to service.
From users of remote lease of computing resources OKBM "Afrikantov",SPBAEP," are known to experimental design bureau the HYDRAULIC PRESS",for Sukhoi Design Bureau,Central Research Institute Burevestnik, TsIAM of P.I. Baranov.