IMTs of Vega Concern
Central Federal District of the Russian Federation
125190, Baltiyskaya St., 14
Kulish Alexander Vasilyevich
RFID is a part of holding.
The organization has long-term experience on development and production:
- technologies of radio frequency identification;
- the radiotransparent and radio absorbing materials and technologies of their application in the different purposes;
- complexes and technologies of diagnostics, maintenance and repair of constructions of radiotehnical devices;
- hi-tech medical equipment and medical equipment.
- 1979 - according to the resolution of the Central Committee of the CPSU and CM of the USSR the anticorrosive service of the USSR in which as the parent scientific organization VMNIIK was defined was organized (All-Union cross-industry scientific research institute on protection of metals against corrosion). VMNIIK was created under the authority of GKNT USSR (The state committee of the USSR on science and technology) which approved its plans and accepted works. The academician Ya.M. Kolotyrkin was appointed the research supervisor of VMNIIK.
The main task of VMNIIK — the organization of works on decrease in losses of metalfund of the country (in all industries) from corrosion. For this purpose in VMNIIK basic researches of mechanisms of corrosion destruction of structural materials, machines and the equipment were conducted, developmental works on creation of measuring instruments of corrosion processes and technology equipment for drawing corrosion-resistant coverings were carried out. Besides, VMNIIK headed development of the state target programs on protection of metalfund against corrosion and coordinated all works within these programs.
- In 1985 based on VMNIIK under the auspices of GKNT USSR the All-Union cross-industry scientific and technical Anticorrosive mixture complex (MNTK "Anticorrosive mixture") which included project, research and manufacturing enterprises was created.
- In 1989 MNTK "Anticorrosive mixture" was transferred from maintaining GKNT USSR to direct subordination to the Government of the USSR. The CEO of MNTK "Anticorrosive mixture" was at the same time and the director of VMNIIK. A task of MNTK "Anticorrosive mixture" — the organization of industrial release of means of protecting from corrosion, technology equipment, instrumentations, as result of researches in this area (i.e. development and implementation of the innovation projects in the field of protection against corrosion if to speak the modern language).
- As a result of the collapse of the USSR left MNTK "Anticorrosive mixture" and there were independent all organizations. VMNIIK was included into maintaining the Ministry of the industry of Russia and was renamed into Institute of corrosion.
- In 1994 according to the decision of the Ministry of Industry of Russia the Institute of corrosion was merged into Research institute of special polymeric materials. The joint institute was called by Research institute of special polymers and corrosion (NIISPK) and attributed to a radio-electronic complex. NIISPK specialized in development of special purpose composition materials on a polymeric basis (anticorrosive and de-icing paints, nonflammable technological mastics, "cold welding", etc.).
- In 2004 after privatization and entry into the structure of JSC Concern of Radio Engineering Vega, NIISPK it was renamed into JSC Engineering Marketing Center of Concern Vega. Now JSC IMTs of Concern Vega not only saved historically developed activities, but also dynamically develops the new types of activity following from the interests of JSC Concern of Radio Engineering Vega and market conditions.
- Since 2005 in JSC IMTs of Concern Vega complex restructuring events for its conversion to the basic center of Concern of radio engineering Vega are held on:
- to technical means and the systems of radio frequency identification in all permitted ranges, including their testing and certification;
- to materials and constructions with special radio physical properties;
- to screened and anechoic cameras and also stands for tests of radiotehnical devices;
- to technologies of decrease in radar visibility;
- to product development of medical equipment and medical appointment;
- to the systems of confidential information protection and end-to-end systems of security of objects of Concern.
2011: NFC solution for fight against a counterfeit
In June, 2011 it became known that "The engineering marketing center of Vega concern (further IMTs) developed an information system of authentication and identification of products (ISAIP) based on NFC technology, CNews told the manager of projects of IMTs Farrukh Azizov. According to him, the main objective of a system consists in allowing buyers to define authenticity of goods, and to producers – to fight against illegal producers of a counterfeit. Besides, a system can be used also for control of logistic transactions.
The NFC standard (Near Field Communication, "communication of a near field") was jointly developed by the companies Sony and Philips at the beginning of the 2000th and is one of types of technology RFID. NFC allows devices to exchange data at distance about 10 cm.
As declare in IMTs, their system includes databases of electronic passports of goods and logistics information, interfaces of work with a system on the party of the producer and importers of products, interfaces of the retailer and an integration tool with trade automation systems.
It is supposed that the producer will send information on products to IMTs, and the center will enter it in the database which is stored in own DPC. The part of data on goods is entered also on a NFC tag which will equip each unit of production and to consider it, the special scanner or the mobile phone with the NFC module is necessary. When reading a NFC tag the user device on the Internet will address the database of the complete information about goods and thus to carry out verification.
Azizov notes that if still fight against a counterfeit in Russia completely laid down on shoulders of the producer of products, then with distribution of phones supporting the NFC standard buyers who will have an opportunity on the run to verify goods will help to fight against a counterfeit and to refuse its purchase if it is counterfeit. IMTs expect that it will allow to reduce percent of counterfeit products.
According to Azizov, IMTs already conducts negotiations on an occasion of implementation of the system with the Russian producers. According to him, it will use the greatest demand in the industries where the level of a counterfeit is highest: for example, at producers of building materials, automobile spare parts, oils, autocosmetics. Use of NFC verification can be also demanded at producers of clothes, jewelry, securities, such as certificates, licenses, identity certificates, the representative of IMTs says.
Was engaged in development of ISAIP based on NFC IMTS not accidentally. As Azizov, in December, 2010 explained. The Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation created the interdepartmental working group on implementation of radio-frequency tags for prevention of turnover of counterfeit products. "The department of the radio-electronic industry was an initiator of it in the ministry. As activity of Vega concern, and we are its affiliated enterprise, is directly connected with this department and radio electronics, we are engaged in this direction", - he says.
It should be noted that for protection of goods against a counterfeit and in logistics the RFID tags working at super-high frequencies were widely adopted worldwide. Information at them is available to reading from distance of several meters. The NFC standard most often is considered as means of commission of contactless payments.
Farrukh Azizov connects it with the fact that earlier in the market there were no mass devices with the module NFC. With the advent of a large number of phones supporting NFC, use of this technology for fight against a counterfeit will gain steam, he believes.
At the moment only single models of smartphones support this technology: for example, Samsung Nexus S (on it specialists of IMTs tested the system), Samsung Galaxy S2. However in 2011-2012 growth of number of similar devices is expected. So, according to forecasts of analysts of Juniper Research, by 2014 every fifth smartphone will be equipped with the NFC module.
However, not all experts are inclined to separate optimism of IMTs developers. Specialists Sitronics Microelectronics hold other opinion on perspectives of NFC as means of fight against a counterfeit. "Feature of tags for NFC is obligatory page-by-page breakdown of memory. In a tag links which are read out by phone are sewn up and then broadcasts according to them information. It turns out that for NFC the chip with rather large volume of memory, not less 512th kilobyte is necessary that does these RFID tags rather expensive – from 20 to 30 cents apiece", - Karina Abagyan, the marketing director of the company told CNews.
At the same time it is possible to consider tags only at a short distance and on one for time, she notes. In opinion, Abagyan, the high cost, complexity of reading and a short functional distance involve inefficiency of use of NFC for fight against a counterfeit.
The marketing director Sitronics Microelectronics also emphasized that in logistics and goods marking for protection against a counterfeit superhigh-frequency RFID tags where much more distance of operation, is higher reading speed are used and there is an opportunity to read out at the same time many tags (goods). "Amount of memory at the same time is required small, protection against counterfeits requires the minimum set of information. As a result – the price of such tag does not exceed 10 cents", - she concluded.