Institute of Systems Analysis of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IZA RAHN)
Central Federal District of the Russian Federation
60-letiya October Avenue, 9
Information science and management Federal research center RAS
For 2015 scientific personnel of Institute is made by authoritative high-class specialists among whom there are four full members of RAS, three corresponding members of RAS, about 50 doctors and over 100 candidates physical and mathematical, technical, economic, philosophical, sociological, geographical and jurisprudence.
For development of specific problems, project implementation and programs multidisciplinary collectives with participation of staff of different laboratories are created.
The research supervisor IZA RAHN is the academician of RAS Stanislav Vasilyevich Yemelyanov.
The director IZA RAHN is the corresponding member of RAS Popkov Yury Solomonovich
The scientific secretary – to. t. - m of N Sergey Nikolaevich Osipov.
The institute was created in 1976 as the All-Union Research Institute of System Researches (AURISR) under the auspices of the State committee of Council of Ministers of the USSR on science and technology and Academy of Sciences of the USSR.
Founders of Institute D.M. Gvishiani's academicians (the first director of Institute from 1976 to 1992) and S.V. Yemelyanov (the director of Institute in 1992 - 2002, and nowadays his research supervisor) created VNIISI as the unique scientific organization using system methodology for studying of the major and particularly complex problems connected with intensive mastering of scientific and technical achievements and caused by global processes.
The basis of Institute was formed by three groups of scientists: from Institute of the problems of management of Academy of Sciences of the USSR under the leadership of S.V. Yemelyanov which were engaged in development and the annex of cybernetic methods to problems of management of the technical and organizational systems; from the Central economic-mathematical institute of Academy of Sciences of the USSR under the leadership of S.S. Shatalin, working on questions of social and economic efficiency; from Institute of the USA and Canada of Academy of Sciences of the USSR under the leadership of B.Z. Milner developing organizational methods of management in economy. Further the collectives which were engaged in development of philosophical concepts of system researches, science of science, global forecasting, ecological modeling, sociology of the organizations joined them.
In 1992. The institute received the present name - Institute of Systems Analysis of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
According to the order of the Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations (FASO) of December 31, 2014. The institute of systems analysis of RAS, along with Institute of problems of information science of RAS (IPI RAS) and Computer center of RAS of A.A. Dorodnitsyn, was a part of again formed Federal research center "Information Science and Management" of the Russian Academy of Sciences intended to be engaged in basic and application studies in the field of mathematics, mathematical modeling, information science, information technologies.
Theoretical researches of Institute cover a broad spectrum of fundamental problems of systems analysis and information technologies, the including problems of modeling of difficult objects, artificial intelligence and the theory of decision making; systems analysis of processes of macroeconomic, territorial and production development, administration and economic board; forecasting of global changes of the environment and climate; managements of health of the population.
Results of works
The most important results of theoretical researches of Institute are:
- the management theory the nonlinear systems in the conditions of uncertainty (academicians S.V. Yemelyanov and S.K. Korovin);
- theory of macrosystems (member correspondent of RAS Yu.S. Popkov);
- methods of system simulation (academician V.A. Gelovani);
- methods of artificial intelligence for decision support, recognition character and audio of objects, managements of databases and knowledge, search and information analysis, (the academician O.I. Larichev, the member correspondent of RAS V.L. Arlazarov, f. - m of N G.S. Osipov, the Dr.Sci.Tech. A.B. Petrovsky);
- methods of the organization of distributed computing environments (f. - m of N A.P. Afanasyev);
- methods of information security support (Dr.Sci.Tech. D.S. Chereshkin);
- software and technology of operational creation of information systems and workflow automation (Dr.Sci.Tech. N.E. Yemelyanov);
- methodology of creation of simulation models of bioecosystems and automated systems of biomedical monitoring and regional ecological forecast (Dr.Sci.Tech. S.A. Pegov, Dr.Sci.Tech. V.N. Krutko);
- theory of efficiency and valuation methods of investment projects (Dr.Econ.Sci. V.N. Livshits);
- methods of system diagnostics and regulation spatially the distributed organization structures (Dr.Econ.Sci. V.N. Leksin, Dr.Econ.Sci. A.N. Shvetsov);
- bases of the theory and mechanisms of intersectoral social partnership (sots. N V.N. Yakimets).
Applied works of Institute are connected with the solution of current practical problems on the basis of use of methodology and tools of systems analysis.
The most significant of the last projects following:
- development of Elections state automated system;
- creation in the subjects of the Russian Federation of automation systems of processes of electronic trading;
- development of a software package for electronic document management systems at the enterprises;
- creation of the computer training systems;
- development of the expert and training diagnostic systems and the choice of schemes of treatment of a number of diseases;
- creation search and metasearch engines;
- creation of support systems of expert solutions on assessment of readiness of oil and gas fields to industrial mastering;
- development of forecasts, programs and development plans for regions and cities; modeling of traffic flows;
- reforming of natural monopolies, etc.
As customers of applied projects the Russian President Administration, the federal ministries and departments (The Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, Emercom of Russia, the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation, Mingosimuschestvo of Russia, the Ministry of Industry and Science of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation, etc.), administrations of territorial subjects of the Russian Federation (Moscow, the Altai and Krasnodar regions, the Vladimir, Irkutsk, Samara, Moscow and Yaroslavl regions, the Khanty-Mansi, Chukchi and Yamal-Nenets autonomous areas, etc.) and municipal entities (the cities - Astrakhan, Kemerovo, Krasnodar, Nakhodka, Novgorod, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Rybinsk, the "miner's" cities, etc.), large oil and gas, power, industrial and transport corporations (RJSC Gazprom, RAO UES of Russia, JSC Rosneft, JSC Mosenergo, JSC Slavneft, JSC Sibneft, JSC Yukos, RJSC Russian Railway, etc.), large national and private banks (The Central Bank of Russia, Vnesheconombank, Vneshtorgbank, Gazprombank, etc.), other financial institutions (The Pension Fund of the Russian Federation and non-state pension funds) repeatedly acted.
Scientific achievements of staff of Institute are mentioned by the Nobel Prize on economy (academician L.V. Kantorovich), two Lenin awards (academicians S.V. Yemelyanov and A.A. Voronov), two State awards of the USSR (the academician S.V. Yemelyanov, f. - m of N V.V. Kalashnikov), the State award of the Russian Federation (academicians S.V. Yemelyanov and S.K. Korovin), two awards of Council of Ministers of the USSR (academicians S.V. Yemelyanov and S.K. Korovin, the member correspondent of RAS V.L. Arlazarov, the Dr.Sci.Tech. N.E. Yemelyanov, f. - m of N Yu.N. Ivanov, PhD in Technological Sciences A.D. Astakhov, PhD in Technological Sciences A.N. Godunov, to. t. - m of N E.A. Diniz, PhD in Technological Sciences A.A. Lehman, PhD in Technological Sciences M.Z. Rosenfeld, PhD in Technological Sciences I.B. Chernysheva, L.P. Borisova, G.V. Egorov), two awards of Lenin Komsomol (sots. N V.N. Yakimets, to. t. - m of N M.M. Denisov, PhD in Technological Sciences V.I. Sizikov, to. t. - m of N A.L. Nersisyan, to. t. - m of N S.V. Nikitin), the Award of RAS of the academician A.A. Andronov (f. - m of N N.A. Bobyliov, academicians S.V. Yemelyanov and S.K. Korovin), the Lomonosov award on science of the I degree (f. - m of N N.A. Bobyliov, academicians S.V. Yemelyanov and S.K. Korovin), medals of RAS.
International relations of Institute are established with a large number of the scientific and expert organizations around the world. Among them the International institute of applied systems analysis in Vienna (Austria), the International institute of problems of management, the Roman club, UNESCO, the Moscow international power club. The staff of Institute takes part in the projects which are carried out under the auspices of the World Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Program of the European Union of TASIS and other international organizations.
Advanced training of the scientific personnel at Institute is performed by training in a postgraduate study in five specialties: 05.13.01. Systems analysis, management and information processing (technical and physical and mathematical science); 05.13.10. Management in the social and economic systems (technical science); 05.13.18. Mathematical modeling, numerical methods and complexes of programs (technical science); 08.00.05. Economy and management of the national economy (economic sciences); 08.00.13. Mathematical and instrumental methods of economy (economic sciences).
At Institute two dissertation councils on protection of doctoral and master's theses on physical and mathematical, technical and economic science work.
Printing activity of Institute is performed by issue of periodicals: "System researches. Methodological problems" and "Works of Institute of systems analysis". Results of researches are published in the monographs appearing in leaders domestic and in prestigious foreign publishing houses and also in articles placed in the reviewed Russian and foreign scientific magazines. The institute is a founder of two academic magazines: "Information technologies and computing systems" and "Artificial intelligence and decision making".