Central Federal District of the Russian Federation
Yemelyanov Svyatoslav Sergeyevich
Post Bank is the retail bank created in January, 2016 by VTB Group and FGUP Russian Post based on Summer of Bank. The bank uses the former banking license of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation No. 650.
Savings accounts, term deposits, payments and transfers, Internet and mobile bank, account and credit cards, range of credit products, retirement accounts, shrink-wrapped insurance and service products are available to clients of bank.
The bank has large-scale plans for development of a branch network: in 2016-2018 about 15 thousand client centers in departments of a mail service will be open. Besides, Post Bank will be provided in all client centers, racks of sales and POS points Summer of Bank. Thus, Post Bank expects to become one of the largest banks of the country.
- In 2017 the net profit of Post Bank was 1.5 billion rubles — the similar indicator of 2016 is exceeded for 25%.
- Besides, assets of bank for the reporting period grew by 117% and were 247.6 billion rubles. The portfolio of means of individuals increased by 365%, to 170.2 billion rubles.
- The Post Bank for the first time was in the top three credit institutions on cash disbursement volume. Both infrastructure payment to Russian Post made 3.2 billion rubles. Thus, it increased by 4 times in comparison with previous year. The customer base grew twice and exceeded 6.3 million clients. Also the number of users of remote channels from less than 1 million increased to 5.2 million people. At the same time he noted that about 20% of the total amount of issuance of credits by cash are the share of digital channels.
- Post Bank 17.6 thousand employees (+6.5 thousand for 2017) in almost in 12.5 thousand points of service (+6 thousand) work. In 2018 the bank is going to increase network to 17 thousand points. In 2017 1,872 ATMs and 10 thousand POS terminals are installed. For the beginning of year 4,023 ATM and 17 thousand pos-terminals function. Today the Post Bank is provided in 4,414 localities which 87.5% are the share of rural areas and the small cities with the population to 30 thousand people.
- By the end of 2016 openly more than 6.7 thousand windows of sales in more than 5500 RPE.
- In the long term the Post Bank will provide access to basic banking products for 95% of the population of Russia that considerably will improve transparency of financial market due to reduction of cash payments.
- By 2023 Post Bank is going to cover about 21 thousand post offices.
- To 2023 total business returns from work of Post Bank will make more than 70 billion rubles that 50 billion rubles of infrastructure payment and 20 billion income from dividends include.
- It is expected that revenues of Russian Post from Post Bank in 2017 will be more than 3 billion rub
- Net profit exceeded a planned target ten times and was 1.2 billion rubles. The net operating income grew by 54%, to 20 billion rubles (against 13 billion at the end of 2015). Assets exceeded 114 billion rubles (+82% year-on-year).
- The loan portfolio of bank in 2016 increased by 59% and exceeded 116 billion rubles. Cash loans which portfolio reached about 94 billion rubles (+68%) became a main growth driver of a portfolio. The portfolio of the POS credits increased by 19%, to 16 billion rubles, credit cards – for 58%, to 6.5 billion rubles. The total quantity of sales of the credits grew year-on-year by 24% (+45% in volume of issues).
- The portfolio of client liabilities made 36.5 billion rubles. The bank attracted 25.6 billion rubles in deposits, 7 billion rubles on savings accounts, 3.9 billion rubles – on the current accounts of the population.
- The customer base of Post Bank in 2016 grew more than by 1 million people and exceeded 3.3 million clients. The share of men in the customer base is 10% higher, than women (a ratio of 55% for 45%). 45% of clients live in the cities with the population less than 100 thousand people and also in rural areas. People of active working-age are the center of the customer base (44%). 31% fall to the share of clients more young than 30 years. 25% of clients are made today by people of a pre-retirement and retirement age, however in the future, according to the development strategy of bank, their share will reach 30%.
The Minister of Communications Nikolai Nikiforov about results of work of Post Bank in 2016 (May, 2017):
Dynamics with which the project of Post Bank is implemented is important. For rendering banking services in post offices the infrastructure payment in the amount of 750 million rubles arrived. And, the rate of receipt of infrastructure payment from Post Bank in Russian Post will increase every year considerably in process of opening of a matching network of departments.
The subjects of the Russian Federation very positively perceive the project because banking services come to localities where all banks were already closed or they never were. Receiving banking services is connected with the fact that often it is necessary to reach the regional center and frequent it is hundreds of kilometers.
In general the volume of infrastructure payment till 2023 from Post Bank in Russian Post will be not less than 47 billion rubles. Plus it still will be also a half of dividends from Post Bank to Russian Post as from the corresponding shareholder. Thus, it including a task of search of alternative financing sources of the undertaken reforms at Russian Post which any support from the budget of the Russian Federation, does not receive any types of subsidies.
Results of the first half of the year 2016
In the first half of the year 2016 the net profit of Post Bank was 94 million rubles at the planned loss of 1.14 billion rubles. According to the results of the first half of the year bank reserves made 2.7 billion rubles that is 40% less than an indicator the previous year. The cost of risk of the loan portfolio (CoR) was in the first half of the year 2016 12.3% (an indicator of the first quarter 2015 — 19.3%). A target indicator of bank — 10%. Risk reduction managed to achieve due to implementation of technology of biometric face recognition, online verification of a contact information and new scoring models. It allowed to cut swindlers who come for the credit with someone else's passport.
Sales of the POS credits grew by 32%, cash loans and credit cards — for 34%. But it if to consider the number of agreements. If to speak about issue volume, then POS crediting grew by 51%, and cash loans and cards — for 68%. For June 1, 2016 the Post Bank occupied 7.33% of the market of the POS credits in Russia. The total loan portfolio of bank grew for the first half of the year by 10.8 billion rubles and was 84 billion rubles.
Significant growth showed also a portfolio of liabilities: from 0.7 billion rubles for the beginning of 2016 up to 4.9 billion rubles for July 1. However, it can be explained with effect of low base: Summer the Bank was the credit monoliner and began to offer deposits literally on the eve of transformation in Post Bank.
2019: The structure of Post Bank purchased 10% of Technoserv
In August, 2019 Technoserv had a new shareholder – company "Multikarta", "daughter" of Post Bank. According to base " circuit.focus ", it purchased a share about 10% in Group of Technoserv which, in turn, acts as the founder in a number of legal persons of integrator. Read more here.
2017: Cooperation with Russian Post on issue of sendings
On September 7, 2017 Post Bank and Russian Post announced signing during East economic forum of the memorandum of interaction directed to scaling of the project on issue of the pre-paid registered departures with a commodity investment to clients of bank in the client centers of financial institution in departments of a mail service. The signatures under the document were appended by the president-chairman of the board of Post Bank Dmitry Rudenko and the CEO of Russian Post Nikolay Podguzov.
In anticipation of the peak period additional windows will allow to increase service rate of clients. An opportunity to address for service is both at acting, and at new clients of bank. The receiver of the mailing can become the client of Post Bank, having issued the free savings account to which not personalized plastic card is issued just before receiving sending. After that the employee of Post Bank in the same window will make issue of sending according to the standard procedure of Russian Post. The client will need to have at himself the passport and the mobile phone.
In plans of Russian Post — gradually to connect to the project more than 3500 client centers of Post Bank in departments of a mail service. In more detail about the project it is possible to read here.
The structure of the supervisory board of Post Bank is approved
The Russian Post and VTB 24 signed in January, 2016 a document package about creation of Post Bank. The CEO of Russian Post Dmitry Strashnov and the president – the chairman of the board of VTB 24 Mikhail Zadornov participated in a ceremony.
The Russian Post on behalf of the 100% of subsidiary company acquired 50% minus one share of the future of Post Bank. The transaction got approvals of the Central bank, Federal Antimonopoly Service and Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation.
| ||The VTB Group has unique work experience in retail banking business. Our command needed only several years on that VTB 24 took the second position in bank retail of the country, and it is even less – that Leto Bank came to profit and became a basis of the large-scale project on creation of Post Bank. The Russian Post has the branch network, largest in the country, and long-term experience of rendering financial services. Thanks to creation of Post Bank these services will be transformed to a modern bank format. The VTB Group will be able to expand considerably the customer base and is multiple to increase number of sales points, and the Russian Post – to raise additional resources for upgrade and development of the infrastructure.|
President-chairman of the board of VTB 24 Mikhail Zadornov
The Post Bank is created based on VTB 24 subsidiary bank - Summer of Bank. Rudenko Dmitry will head the new credit and financial organization. The Supervisory board will include representatives of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications, Russian Post and VTB Group.
In network of post offices the Post Bank will start operating activities in the first quarter 2016. In three years of c of the beginning of the project opening more than 20 thousand windows of bank in 15 thousand departments of a mail service is planned. In 2016 - not less than 6.5 thousand windows in 3.5 thousand departments of mail.
Entered into the supervisory board of Post Bank:
- Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation Nikolai Nikiforov;
- CEO of Russian Post Dmitry Strashnov;
- the president – the chairman of the board of VTB 24 Mikhail Zadornov;
- deputy CEO of Russian Post for financial business Vladimir Salakhutdinov;
- the vice president – the chairman of the board of VTB Herbert Moos;
- the vice president – the chairman of the board of VTB 24 Ekaterina Petelina;
- the president – the chairman of the board Summer of Bank Dmitry Rudenko;
- adviser to the President of Skolkovo Foundation for work with startups, member of council on strategic development of Russian Post Pekka Wilyakeinen;
- board member of VTB 24 Alexander Sokolov.
Change of the name of Leto Bank with Post Bank
During creation of Post Bank a product row Summer of Bank was completely rebuilt. It was added by a line of deposits and the savings account which became a basic product. Changes concerned also a segment of credit products – rates on cash loans considerably were reduced, besides, in the market the credit card with the biggest renewable interest-free period equal to 120 days – Element 120 appeared. Implementation of pension and salary projects which participants receive preferential rates on the credits and raised – on deposits began.
As Post Bank bank low-cost airline as much as possible to save on items of expenditure, usual for other banks. Therefore financial institution does not rent big office spaces, has the centralized back office and refused use of classical cash desks which replaced ATMs with the closed turnover of cash – when funds deposited by one client can be issued to other client (that allows to save in addition on collection of devices). In a year ATM network of Post Bank grew more than by 7 times and today exceeds 2600 devices.
On March 18, 2016 it became known of change of the name of Leto Bank. The Federal Tax Service made change to the Unified State Register of Legal Entities. Since March 17, 2016 the bank name — Post Bank.
According to the statement of bank, on March 17, 2016 Leto Bank officially replaced the name with Post Bank. Organization will continue banking activity on the basis of the license of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation No. 650. All agreements on the credits and deposits, prisoners on behalf Leto Bank continue to act without changes.
Registration procedure and obtaining documents from the Central Bank of Russian Federation will be complete at the end of March, 2016.
The document package about creation of Post Bank was signed on January 28, 2016.
JSC Leto Bank (the general license of the Bank of Russia for banking operations No. 650 of 10/15/2012) is subsidiary bank VTB 24 Ltd and specializes in consumer crediting in network of departments and outlets of partners. Sales of the POS credits began in August, 2012, in October, 2012 the first cash loan was issued. Authorized capital of bank is 215 million rubles, the size of own means of 4,400 million rubles.