Concern of radio engineering Vega
Central Federal District of the Russian Federation
121170, Kutuzovsky Avenue, 34
Willow Vladimir Stepanovich
Federal Agency for State Property Management (Rosimushchestvo) - 100%
United Instrument Manufacturing Corporation (UIMC)
Industry federal body – the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation. The enterprise has the status of strategic joint-stock company (according to the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 8/4/2004 No. 1009).
Open joint stock company "Concern of radio engineering Vega. JSC Vega Concern (earlier Moscow scientific research institute of instrument making, NII-17, TsKB-17) – the research establishment, oldest in Russia, in the field of an aviation and space radar-location.
Development of land, onboard and space radar complexes and their components, including:
- means of aviation and space investigation,
- aviation complexes of a radar patrol and targeting,
- the Doppler velocity meters and angle of demolition of aircraft,
- environment monitoring systems,
- systems and complexes of information support of special and civil appointment.
According to the decree of the President of the Russian Federation of April 28, 2004 No. 569 to Open joint stock company "Concern of radio engineering Vega is defined a problem of ensuring priority development of key technologies of radio engineering, radar means and the systems of investigation and management of land, aviation and space basing for the benefit of defense and national economy. For its solution the structure of concern in addition includes nine enterprises of a radio-electronic complex of the industry of the country.
- JSC Vega Concern
- JSC Scientific Research Institute Kulon
- JSC CB Luch
- JSC RZP
- JSC NPP Rubin
- JSC ChRZ Polyot
- JSC IMTs of Concern Vega
- JSC All-Russian Research Institute Etalon
- JSC MNIIS
- JSC Scientific Research Institute Vektor
- JSC Integral Experimental Plant
- JSC Energiya Plant
- FEDERAL STATE UNITARY ENTERPRISE DKBA
- FEDERAL STATE UNITARY ENTERPRISE MNIRTI
- FEDERAL STATE UNITARY ENTERPRISE MRTI RAS
- JSC NIITAP
- JSC KNIITMU
- Federal State Unitary Enterprise Scientific Research Institute Argon
- JSC Special Design Bureau Topaz
- JSC NICEVT
General shareholder meeting
Functions of General shareholder meeting are performed by Federal Agency for State Property Management (Rosimushchestvo).
Board of Directors
The list of board members of JSC Vega Concern for 2010-2011:
- Borisov Yury Ivanovich is the First deputy chairman of the Russian Government Military-Industrial Commission, the Chairman of the board of directors of JSC Vega Concern
- Verba Vladimir Stepanovich - the CEO - the chief designer of JSC Vega Concern
- Karavayev Igor Evgenyevich is Secretary of state, the Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Lychagin Mikhail Ivanovich is the Director of the department of the Government of the Russian Federation
- Potapov Pavel Alekseyevich is a Deputy manager of Rosimushchestvo
- Putilin Vladislav Nikolaevich
- Frolov Oleg Petrovich is a Deputy manager of Federal Agency for Supplies of Arms, Military and Special Equipment and Materiel
The board consists of 11 (eleven) members elected by the solution of Board of Directors of JSC Vega Concern on June 25, 2010 in the following structure:
Chairman of the board of Society:
Verba Vladimir Stepanovich - the CEO - the chief designer of JSC Concern Vega
Board members of Society:
- Artyukh Andrey Anatolyevich is the Deputy CEO for corporate strategy and economic development of JSC Vega Concern
- Vorontsov Leonid Viktorovich is the Deputy CEO of JSC Vega Concern for technologies
- Davydkin Alexander Petrovich - the Deputy CEO - the chief executive of JSC Vega Concern
- Elyushkin Georgy Valeryevich is the Chief of financial management of JSC Vega Concern
- Minchenko Alexander Vladimirovich is the Deputy CEO of JSC Vega Concern for property management and legal support
- Mikheyev Vyacheslav Alekseyevich is the CEO of JSC IMTs of Concern Vega
- Peresypkin Anatoly Fyodorovich is the Deputy chief designer for technical policy - the director of Research and Development of JSC Vega Concern
- Silkin Alexander Tikhonovich is the Deputy CEO for the scientific and technical policy of JSC Vega Concern
- Frolov Alexander Vasilyevich is the Deputy chief designer for the innovation projects of JSC Vega Concern
- Scherbakov Dmitry Grigoryevich is the Deputy CEO for production of JSC Vega Concern
2020: The agreement with Aeroxo for the purpose of joint development and production of the UAV
Ruselectronics holding of State Corporation Rostec together with the Russian startup - Aeroxo company – will start production of robotic convertiplanes. They can be used to transportation of loads, control of an ice situation in the region of the Far North and also as a part of complex projects on monitoring of extended objects of crucial infrastructure. Rostec reported about it on June 17, 2020.
The parties are going to combine efforts in the development area and serial production of unmanned aerial vehicles. The relevant agreement was signed by the CEO of Vega concern (enters into Ruselectronics) Vyacheslav Mikheyev and the CEO of Aeroxo Eldar Razroyev. Read more here.
In 2006 under the leadership of A.A. Antonyuk improvement of RSA of a complex of observation of the land surface of the airplane of SU-24MP is made. The photographic recording system of information is replaced digital (hard disk drive). Completion of the radar, in fact, is deep upgrade. Its implementation provides qualitatively new level of effective sounding of the land surface due to use of advanced technologies of receiving, processing and decodifying of images. When installing the upgraded product re-equipment of the airplane and change of an algorithm of actions of crew in flight are not required.
Results of operation of the upgraded equipment demonstrate high efficiency and reliability, at the same time the digital processing system and registration creates the high-quality radar image of the area with azimuth resolution and range no more than 1.2 - 3 m that is 7 - 10 times more qualitative in comparison with a former system. Time of obtaining the image for decodifying (from the moment of switching off of engines of the airplane prior to decodifying) is reduced from 4 - 6 to 20 - 30 o'clock minutes. The new workplace of land information processing consisting of the personal computer and the printing device performs reading of navigation data (coordinates, the flight modes) in any point of the radar image in the automatic mode.
2005: DRLO Air Force of India
- In 2005 head enterprise of concern with active participation of JSC CB Luch and JSC NPP Rubin Started Accomplishment of the Export Contract on Creation of the Communication System and Management of Interception for the Airplane of Distant Radar Detection of the Air Force of India (ROC Bangalore entering it, the director of the international program A.V. Vinogradny). The communication system provides a DRLO airplane radio communication with the interacting objects with the different wave ranges, including through the repeater set on the artificial Earth satellite. The management system for interception performs automated scoring of threats to the defended objects from the opponent's airplanes, aiming of fighters at the detected purposes and wiring of airplanes along the set routes.
According to solutions of the Chief of arms of Russian Armed Forces A.P. Sitnov and the chief of Head department of the General Staff of Russian Armed Forces V.V. Korabelnikov JSC Vega Concern started development of multifrequency aviation radar complex of remote sensing with the synthesized aperture and digital adaptive information processing of "IMARK" intended for the overview of terrestrial and water surfaces. A.V. Dzenkevich and V.A. Plyushchev direct development.
The complex is unique as it works at the same time in four ranges of lengths of waves (from 4 cm to 2.5 m) at different polyarization of the probing signal. For the first time at information processing autofocusing algorithms for obtaining detailed high-informative radar images of the objects hidden by smoke, fog, vegetation and also snow or soil at a depth up to 50-70 m from a surface with their exact coordinate binding according to the navigation satellite system are used. The complex has undoubted advantage over foreign analogs on penetration depth on the studied Wednesday with preserving of resolution capability. High speed of flight of the airplane carrier (600 km/h) and broad band of occupation of the area (24 km) determine the high performance of radar shooting (in one hour of flight 14400 sq.km are mapped) at low costs. It is capable to display quickly information onboard and to transfer it on the communication line to the central or local operations control room. Range of fields of its application is extraordinary wide.
Complexes of distant radar detection
- The trunk direction of research and development which for many years defined the scientific fate of institute and its status is connected with creation of aviation complexes of distant radar detection (DRLO). The Liana complex (the chief designer V.P. Ivanov) by the Tu-126 airplane taken advantage of aircraft of air defense, and during quarter of the century being in troops became the first such domestic aviation complex.
Further improvement and expansion of functionality of the DRLO complexes was conducted in the direction of increase in range and quantity of the automated control links, and, above all - reliability augmentations of selection of air targets, including low-flying, against the background of reflections from any spreading surfaces and capability of aiming of fighters at the detected purposes. These works were implemented by creation of aviation complex of distant radar detection and management of "A-50".
Creation of the radar station capable to detect air targets against the background of reflected from the spreading surface of signals became possible thanks to results of several fundamental research works begun in the 1950th years (Frame, Lake, Ulei-C4). Research work "Bee-67" (the research supervisor A.T. Metelsky) became the basic work which defined further development of the DRLO complexes. By its results the institute carried out two OKR.
The first - creation of a mountain radio engineering post for detection of low-flying air targets against the background of the earth of RTK "Periskop-V". Soon after acceptance on arms the complex was upgraded ("Periskop-VM"). The chief designer of both works - A.T. Metelsky. Periskop-V and Periskop-VM were placed on the southern, northern and eastern frontiers of the country.
The second ROC, the "Bee-67" using results of research work, is a creation of a radio engineering complex for the A-50 airplane taken advantage of the domestic Air Force in 1985. This event was preceded by labor-consuming flight and design and State tests. A large number of specialists of the industry and armed forces was involved in their carrying out. From the Air Force the colonel A.I. Mishin directed team of testers.
Creation of a radio engineering complex for the A-50 airplane - one of the most important scientific and technical achievements of staff of our enterprise and the enterprises making cooperation and also all domestic an avia - and radio engineering. The huge contribution to creation of a complex was made: chief designer V.P. Ivanov, L.D. Bakhrakh, A.V. Vasilyev, V.M. Vorontsov, V.A. Gandurin, V.P. Ivanov Jr., V.I. Karpeev, L.Ya. Melnikov, S.N. Minayev, L.N. Petrov, V.F. Pogreshayev, O.V. Rezepov, V.F. Stanishnev-Konovalov, A.A. Trofimov and many other scientists, designers, engineers, technicians, workers, testers, military specialists.
- Head enterprise of concern (JSC Concern of Radio Engineering Vega) – the scientific and design organization with nice sixty-five-year history. Central Design Bureau (CDB) No. 17 created in far wartime (on October 1, 1944) was focused on development of plane radar-tracking systems and means. Afterwards the enterprise was called Research institute No. 17, the Moscow scientific research institute of instrument making, and since July, 2003 – Otkrytoye aktsionernoye obshchestvo Concern of Radio Engineering Vega (JSC Vega Concern).
For years of the existence the staff of the enterprise created a number of systems which were taken advantage of the Soviet army. The first work of TsKB-17 (and then NII-17) – the radar Rubidium complex for the Tu-4 airplane took place under the leadership of the chief designer Ya.B. Shapirovsky. Then in NII-17 under the leadership of V.V. Tikhomirov radar stations of Kadmy (radar station), Argon are developed for the Tu-16 and "Izumrud" bomber for the fighter MiG-17P, and under the leadership of A.B. Slepushkin – Tory-A radar Station for the MiG-15 fighter.
- In 1950 under the leadership of V.E. Kolchinsky researches, and then developments of the Doppler velocity meters and demolition (DISS) began. DISS "Route" which was produced in lots more than 20 years in different modifications became the first such device. It was applied by the Tu-104, Tu-114, Tu-134, Il-18 and An-12 airplanes. Further development were DISS "Arrow", "Mast" applied by the airplanes Tu-154, Il-62, An-22, and DISS "Demolition" – for the airplanes Il-86, YAK-42, An-72. During the same time frame DISS Coast and Parus were developed for the VTR unmanned aerial vehicles of the USSR and also DISS of the Screw series for helicopters.
Under the leadership of V.E. Kolchinsky the Doppler landing Planet radar which provided soft landing to the surface of the Moon of automatic stations "the Moon-16,-17,-20,-21,-23,-24" was also developed. These stations performed disembarkation to the surface of the Moon of free roving vehicles ("Moon rovers") with the scientific and television equipment and carried out sampling of lunar soil.
- Since 1957, under the leadership of S.T. Egorov works on a passive radar-location began. About two tens original samples of superhigh-frequency (very high frequencies) radiometric devices of different function were used on boards of helicopters and airplanes, spaceships and orbital artificial Earth satellites for the solution of scientific and applied tasks.
- In the 1960th years under the leadership of A.L. Mikaelyan researches Tunnel and Coral which showed expediency of application in the developed equipment of a new source of optical band - the laser are carried out. It gave the chance to start creation of systems and complexes with essentially new tactical characteristics. Creation of the equipment of laser air reconnaissance "Spike-1" (the chief designer A.B. Slepushkin) for the airplane MiG-21P and "Spike-2" (the chief designer A.K. Stolyarov) for SU-24MP airplane became result.
- In the early sixties years in the USSR works on radars began with the antenna (RSA) synthesized by an aperture. The Moscow scientific research institute of instrument making took active part in the research work Azimuth which is carried out under the leadership of A.P. Reutov to VVIA of N.E. Zhukovsky. In it the principles of RSA with obtaining the image of high resolution were for the first time implemented. At the institute under the leadership of P.O. Salganik fundamental research work Blade as a result of which radar images of the area were received was carried out and the observability of objects on it was investigated. Since 1962 under the leadership of A.T. Metelsky, and since 1965 - G.A. Zonnenshtral was developed by plane radar station of a side visibility B-001. Upon completion of the State tests of radar station as a part of the YAK-28B airplanes came to front parts. Development of BKR-1 complexes for the airplane of SU-24MP and BKR-2 for the Tu-22 airplane under the leadership of chief designers O.N. Yakovlev, A.A. Ilyushin, L.N. Tyapkin became continuation of these works. RSA were developed for these complexes under the leadership of the chief designer V.V. Veprintsev.
In parallel with development of aviation complexes of observation of the land surface at institute works on creation of the similar systems of space basing began. Under the leadership of I.A. Brukhansky development of a radar complex for the device US-A of a system of naval space reconnaissance and targeting was conducted. The radar of a side visibility (the chief designer P.O. Salganik) and the onboard digital computer Aelita (the chief designer M.P. Bogachyov) which conducted processing of radar information in real time with storing of huge information volume for transfer it on radio lines to consumers in communication sessions were a part of a complex. High reliability of Aelita was reached by hot step-by-step sparing. Control of a radar complex from manufacturing plant to starting position provided the automatic Dolphin complex (the chief designer I.G. Osipov). The first information was accepted after start on April 1, 1971 of the Space-402 artificial Earth satellite. Till 1988 the complex was successfully operated on a large number of spacecrafts - "Space-402,-469,-516,-1076,-1700" and others (only 28 start-up). In 1966 development of RSA "Mech-A" (the chief designer P.O. Salganik) for the piloted Almaz-A space station began. Unfortunately, the equipment set which passed a full stroke of land working off as a part of the Almaz station was not started, and instead to institute RSA "Mech-K" for the pilotless device of the same series Almaz was set. In July, 1987 the Space-1870 spacecraft with RSA "Mech-K" was put to orbit. Successful operation from July, 1987 to July, 1989 allowed to receive the large volume of radar pictures. In March, 1991 the Almaz-1 spacecraft with RSA "Sword KU" with enhanced technical capabilities (chief designers P.O. Salganik, I.G. Osipov) was put to orbit.