Alexey Leonidovich Kudrin is a statesman of Russia, the ex-Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation.
Was born in family of the serviceman. Left secondary school in the city of Arkhangelsk at school No. 17. Before entering a university within two years worked in Academy of the back and USSR Ministries of Defence transport in the city of Leningrad as the mechanic, the instructor of skills training of laboratory of engines.
In 1983 graduated from economics department of the Leningrad state university. Candidate of Economic Sciences (1988, thesis: "Comparability in the mechanism of implementation of the relations of an economic competition"). Honorary professor of economics department of St. Petersburg State University.
- Since 1983 — the trainee-researcher of Institute of social and economic problems of Academy of Sciences of the USSR.
- In 1985 — 1988 — the graduate student of Institute of economy of Academy of Sciences of the USSR.
- Since 1988 was engaged in scientific activity at Institute of social and economic problems of Academy of Sciences of the USSR.
- Since October, 1990 — the vice-chairman of Committee on an economic reform of executive committee of Leningrad Soviet. After liquidation of Committee on an economic reform passed into Management committee of the Leningrad area of a free entrepreneurship.
- Since November, 1991 — the vice-chairman of Committee on economic development of St. Petersburg, supervised questions of investment policy.
- Since August, 1992 — the chairman of the Head financial management of the mayor's office of St. Petersburg (afterwards renamed into Financial committee).
1993: Deputy mayor of St. Petersburg of Anatoly Sobchak
Since 1993 — the deputy, the first deputy mayor (A.A. Sobchak), the member of the government of the city, the Chairman of the Committee of economy and finance of the mayor's office of St. Petersburg. Worked in the Government of Saint Petersburg together with V.V. Putin.
- Since August, 1996 — the Deputy Chief of the Russian President's Executive Office — the chief of the Main Control Directorate of Administration of the President of the Russian Federation.
- Since March, 1997 — the First Deputy Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation, is invited in the ministry by A.B. Chubais who became a Minister of Finance at this time.
- Since January, 1999 — the first deputy chairman of the board of RAO UES of Russia.
- Since June, 1999 — the First Deputy Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation.
2000: Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation
Since May, 2000 — the Deputy Prime Minister of Russia — the Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation, is appointed at the initiative of the V.V. Putin elected by then the President of Russia.
- Since March 9, 2004 — the Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation.
- On September 24, 2007 — on May 7, 2008 — the Deputy Prime Minister of Russia — the Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation. From May 7 to May 12, 2008 continued to fulfill duties before appointment of the new government.
- On May 12, 2008 it is appointed the Deputy Prime Minister of Russia — the Minister of Finance of the Russian Federation in the new government of V.V. Putin (the decree of the Russian President of 5/12/2008 No. 732).
2011: Resignation from a post of the Minister of Finance
It is relieved of the post on September 26, 2011 by decree No. 1251 of the President of the Russian Federation.
A.L. Kudrin was a Minister of Finance during bigger term, than any other Minister of Finance of modern Russia.
After resignation returned to scientific activity, and in 2012 took the initiative of creation of the Committee of Civil Initiatives – communities of the professionals capable to propose alternative solutions of the problems facing the country.
Since April, 2012 – the Chairman of the Committee of citizens' initiatives.
2018: Head of the Audit Chamber
On May 21, 2018 Vladimir Putin submitted for the approval in the State Duma Alexey Kudrin's candidacy on a post of the head of Accounts Chamber. Earlier his candidacy was proposed for consideration to Vladimir Putin by the United Russia fraction having in the State Duma the constitutional majority.
Kudrin replaced Tatyana Golikova who passed to the Deputy Prime Minister's position in the head of the Audit Chamber.
Earlier in the statement on the personal website the head of TsSR called four principles by which it will be guided on a new post. This modern management of the state investments, improvement of control methods, full and unconditional disclosure of audit and also focus on fight against corruption. And the last is not only in that "catch guilty persons by a hand". But also in that "create mechanisms of prevention of corruption" and "as much as possible to reduce for it opportunities".
2020: Interview of TAdviser
Married. The spouse Irina as a journalist. Till a marriage worked as the secretary for the press attache Anatoly Chubais of Andrey Trapeznikov. Now — the president of the Russian charitable foundation "Northern Crown". According to her, the family prefers to carry out winter holidays in ski resorts of Austria.
Major reserve officer