|Date of the premiere of the system:||September, 2019|
At the end of September, 2019 McDonald's announced a new initiative within which owners of devices Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant can send employment applications through voice assistants. The company considers this program which received the name Apply Thru as one more method to attract youth for work.
Actually it will not be possible to submit the application only using voice assistants to Alexa or Google Assistant. For a start it is necessary to answer several main questions Alexa or Google Assistant then the user will receive the message with the link for completion of process of filing of application online.
But, it is possible if use of the computer or phone for filing of application was too big obstacle, use of the voice assistant at least at the initial stage will help to solve this problem.
The initiative should prove once again to users that McDonald's is a brand, fashionable and friendly by the new millennium. Within the last decade the company faced a set of problems: growth of networks of competitors, tendencies to healthier power supply and also changes in the culture of a power supply.
Example of more aggressive technical innovations of McDonald's is its large-scale partnership with Uber Eats which includes experimental delivery using UAVs and also emergence of booths for self-service. So far it is not clear what place in series of doubtful solutions will be taken by Apply Thru initiative based on Alexa and Google, but to the authority of McDonald's it will not damage.
At the same time driving forces of business of McDonald's continue to change to adapt to delivery on demand and to transition to full-scale automation. McDonald's is going to implement robotics in kitchens and management systems for voice.
You look also (voice assistants)
- Smart cities (Smart cities, Smart cities)
- Internet of Things of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Internet of Things, IoT, M2M (market of Russia)
- Internet of Things, IoT, M2M (world market)
- Amazon Alexa (Echo), Alexa for Business, Alexa for Hospitality, Alexa Auto SDK
- Google Home, Google Assistant
- Lenovo Smart Display
- Microsoft Cortana
- Watson Assistant Voice assistant
- Alice, voice assistant, Yandex. Station
- Sony Xperia Hello Communication robots
- Cisco Spark Assistant
- Huawei HiAssistant (HiVoice)
- Ask Mercedes Voice assistant
- Snips AIR Voice assistant