|Last Release Date:||August, 2019|
2019: Beginning of deliveries
On August 12, 2019 announced Daimler (a brand of Mercedes-Benz) the beginning of deliveries of the first completely electric trucks. They are developed in division of Freightliner and will be on sale under the name of eCascadia.
The two first a copy of the heavy truck going by electric motors without use of DVS the American companies Penske Truck Leasing and NFI ordered. Until the end of 2019 the German car maker promises to deliver some more trucks, and is going to begin full-scale serial production of such motor transport in 2021.
Trucks on electric traction from Daimler are capable to pass more than 400 km without recharge. It is twice less than course stock, stated by Tesla company in the Tesla Semi trucks which production will be started at the end of 2020.
Freightliner eCascadia electric motors have the power of 730 hp, and the capacity of accumulator blocks is 550 kilowatt-hours. Fast battery charging is declared: in 90 minutes they can be filled with energy for 80% that will allow the machine to pass about 320 km.
Daimler will deliver several production versions of eCascadia that based on tests of new products in actual practice to estimate perspectives of electric trucks and to consider operating experience in future large-scale projects.
Involved Daimler in cooperation of 38 clients who test eCascadia, helping the company to reveal and fix problems on the way to commercial distribution of electric trucks. The main obstacles by August, 2019 the following: insufficiently developed infrastructure for charging of heavy trucks, a small amount of partner communications in the market of electric vehicles, not the most attractive characteristics of such transport and rather narrow range of economically reasonable opportunities for real use of trucks on electric traction.
- System of operational and technology management of the distribution electric networks
- Revolta Engineering
- Drive Electro
- Drive Electro KAMAZ Electrobus
- Polytech Solar Electric vehicle
- Modulo Electrobus
- Tesla Model, Tesla Semi Truck- Tesla Motors
- Polestar - Volvo Cars Group
- Toyota Electric vehicles
- Audi e-tron (electric vehicle)
- Honda Electric cars
- Ford Electric vehicles Ford Transit Custom PHEV
- Volkswagen Electric vehicles Volkswagen Moia
- Bosch e-axle
- EVlink Wallbox of Electrogas station
- Nissan Leaf Nissan Yandex. Car Concept
- Siemens eHighway Electric vehicles
- Catalyst E2 (electrobus)
- Roborace Robocar
- Mercedes-Benz Concept IAA
- Aston Martin RapidE Electric vehicle
- Jaguar I-Pace (electric vehicle)
- Porsche Taycan electric vehicle
- Enverge (electrocrossover)
- Manta5 Hydrofoiler XE-1 (water electrobicycle)
- Systems of accumulation (storage) of energy (SNE)
- Lity-titanatnye accumulators
- Lithium-air accumulator (lithium-air, Li-air)
- Lithium-pol cells
- Li-ion cells, LIA (market of Russia)
- Electrical accumulator
- Accumulators with solid electrolyte
- Solid-state accumulators
- Starter accumulators (market of Russia)
- Portable accumulators (world market)