|Date of the premiere of the system:||May, 2019|
2019: Announcement of the platform
On May 13, 2019 Lenovo provided AR/ VR- the ThinkReality platform which is capable to be integrated with any corporate devices and software for implementation of augmented and virtual reality. The solution should become the competitor Microsoft Hololens.
The first device in the ThinkReality family was ThinkReality A6 which weighs only 380 g and is equipped with two cameras on a front part, depth sensors, the RGB sensor in 13 Megapixels and also the microphone for voice actuation. An AR helmet traces gaze direction of the user for optimization of permission or navigation. It is possible to interact with a virtual environment by means of the controller with 3 degrees of freedom.
The accumulator with a capacity of 6800 mAh is expected 4 working hours, but a helmet can use also at connection to network. ThinkReality A6 provides a diagonal viewing angle of 40 degrees and permission 1080p. A helmet is connected to external computing block on the basis of Android Oreo which enter Qualcomm Snapdragon processor 845 with support with a LTE speed of 1.2 Gbps, Intel the Movidius Vision processor, modules Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
The ThinkReality platform does not depend on certain devices and cloud environments – corporate clients can use it for work with AR/VR-applications in different operating systems, cloud services or devices. Lenovo states that the platform is intended for a number of AR-applications, including solutions which reduce operating time, optimize workflows, improve efficiency of joint work or personnel training. Besides, the platform will allow to create own AR-applications, for example, for training or optimization of work of employees.
Lenovo ThinkReality A6 will appear in the market at the end of 2019. Headset cost at the time of the announcement is unknown.
You look also Virtual reality
- Virtual reality (VR, Virtual Reality)
- Virtual reality in medicine
- Augmented reality (AR, Augmented Reality)
- The mixed reality
- Association of augmented and virtual reality (AVRA)
- Center of prototyping of SPb
- VR Consortium
- Global Association of Virtual Reality (GVRA)
- VirtualLink (standard of connection of VR devices)
- Projects of Virtual reality
- Magic Leap One Creator Edition
- ALT: Antilatency tracker
- HTC Vive
- Samsung Gear VR
- Lenovo Explorer
- PTC Vuforia Studio Enterprise
- VE VR Concept Engine - VR Concept
- VE CAVE Virtual prototyping
- VE miniCAVE и miniCADWall
- Arbyte CADStation WS ready for VR
- HP ENVY Phoenix HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset Professional Edition
- PGNIU: An interactive panorama for a helmet of virtual reality
- General VR
- ZTE E2E VR Live
- Software AG ELISE
- DS Virtual Garage
- Croc: A VR system for the sphere of design
- HP Z VR Backpack
- Nvidia Holodeck
- Google Glass
- Epson Moverio Pro BT Augmented rReality glasses
- Magic Leap One Creator Edition (augmented rReality glasses)
- Intel Vaunt Smart points