|Last Release Date:||2019/05/23|
Operating system family with the open code, initially developed by Alt Linux company (ALT Linux). In 2016 her employees in full strength passed into BaseALT company which continues to develop these products, using the Viola trademark.
As of fall of 2016 the Viola Workstation, Viola Server and Viola Education distribution kits are released.
Compatibility with servers of Trinity
On May 23, 2019 IVK company is the Russian producer of the computer equipment, backbone software and information security tools — announces a successful completion testing for compatibility of the operating system "the Viola of 8 joint ventures" and servers of production of Trinity company. Based on testing the reliable operability of a hardware and software system is completely confirmed.
The complex including the products "IVK" and "Trinity" expands opportunities for creation of reliable IT infrastructure of the organizations which activity is connected with processing of confidential information and personal data. Works on software testing are performed by BaseALT company, the developer of the Russian operating systems of general purpose.
Grigory Sizonenko noted:
| ||Compatibility "the Viola of 8 joint ventures" and servers of Trinity — one more step on the way to implementation of the state program of ensuring technology independence in the field of information technologies. We are sure that hardware and software systems, the including products "IVK" and "Trinity", will find broad application on domestic enterprises and in the organizations with increased requirements to reliability and security of components of IT infrastructure and interested in import substitution program implementation.|| |
Servers of the Russian assembly of Trinity are the flexible and reliable solution meeting the modern requirements of the Russian customers. The complete set of machines allows to carry them to a budget segment.
Viola of 8 joint ventures – the functional, protected operating system with the Russian interface for workstations and servers. It is certified by FSTEC and the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation.
Compatibility with a software platform Vershok
On May 22, 2019 the BaseALT company announced a successful completion of testing of compatibility of a software platform Vershok and a distributed database of real time Back of development of the Fizpribora plant with operating systems on the Viola platform. The compatibility and correctness of their work with the OS distribution kits "the Viola of 8 joint ventures", "the Viola Server 8" and "A viola Workstation 8" is confirmed. Read more here.
Expansion of the list of compatible products
On May 14, 2019 became izvsetno that IVK company is the Russian producer of the computer equipment, backbone software and information security tools — announces expansion of an ecosystem of the Russian application software compatible to the Viola of 8 Joint Ventures operating system. Based on testing full compatibility and correctness of work among the Viola of 8 joint ventures of software products is confirmed:
- information systems "Code" and "Tekhexpert" of production of Kodeks company;
- the agent of measurements of IP Quality Monitor Agent (IQMA) of version 3.1.1 from Netprob company;
- program servers both clients for video conferencings and unified communications VideoMost productions of the company SPIRIT;
- ECM systems of the last generation Elar Kontekst.
All software products, compatible about OS Alt 8 of the joint venture, are included in the Unified register of the Russian programs. Works on software testing are performed by BaseALT company, the developer of the Russian operating systems of general purpose.
| ||A broad set of the domestic application software compatible to the Viola of 8 Joint Ventures operating system gives the chance to the organizations as much as possible to transfer business processes to the Russian software without performance penalty, functionality and reliability of information systems. The organizations with guarantee receive modern software with long lifecycle, not subject to sanctions risks.|
Grigory Sizonenko, CEO of IVK company
Compatibility with Raidix DWH
Compatibility with ELAR Context
On April 24, 2019 ELAR company reported that its software package ELAR Context passed a full stroke of testing for compatibility with the operating system "the Viola of 8 joint ventures" from BaseALT company. Read more here.
Compatibility with VideoMost
On April 23, 2019 the companies "BaseALT" also SPIRIT announced a successful completion of testing program servers both clients for video conferencings and unified communications VideoMost productions SPIRIT and operating systems (OS) the Viola families of development of BaseALT company. In more detail here.
Compatibility with Postgres Pro Standard v. 11
On March 26, 2019 reported to BaseALT that together with Postgres Professional successfully completed testing of compatibility of latests version Subdpostgres of Pro Standard v. The 11th production Postgres Professional and operating systems (OS) of the Viola family of development of BaseALT. Read more here.
Compatibility with the Elbrus PC and "BARS. Education"
On March 4, 2019 the Avtomatika concern reported that the BARS provided to INEUM named after I. Brook in the commonwealth with BARS group and BaseALT technology support of the solution ". Education. Read more here.
Integration into computers TONK
On March 6, 2019 "BaseALT" reported that together with TONK integrated computers OS Group " TONK and operating system family () Alt in the hardware and software systems (HSS). Complete solutions of BaseALT and TONK Group can serve as technology basis for creation modern, flexible and economic IT infrastructures within corporate programs import substitution. Organizations and the enterprises will be able to refuse archaic and costly infrastructure model with equipment of each workplace system unit. Use of thin clients will significantly reduce initial investments into IT infrastructure and cumulative the cost of ownership of it, will simplify administration of corporate network, will raise the data security, will allow to develop quickly jobs and to save electric power.
| ||the Main task of our cooperation about TONK – to provide the organizations and
the enterprises an opportunity quickly and economically to create jobs based on modern domestic equipment and software. The customer receives computers on which the operating system not only it is set, but already configured and debugged that does use of a HSS simple and convenient.
Big advantage of a HSS of BaseALT and TONK Group – application in their structure computers without moving parts. This property does the equipment absolutely noise-free and considerably increases the term of its service.
| || By creation of a HSS we from BaseALT solve a problem of complex approach to universal jobs with colleagues, as in large state and corporate information systems using VDI and cloud computing, and for the enterprises of small and medium business. Reliability of jobs and high degree of protection of information are provided with non-failure operation of the equipment TONK and functionality of OS
The carried-out tests confirmed full compatibility and correctness joint work of equipment rooms and software tools:
- computers of series TONK of TN, TONK of SB, Computer-A;
- distribution kits the OS Alt Workstation 8, the OS Alt K 8 Workstation, the OS Alt Server 8, OS Alt Education 8 certified by FSTEC of the version OS Alt 8 of the joint venture and Alt Linux 7.0. The structure of each distribution kit in addition to the operating system includes the sets of applications for a full-fledged work supporting the different additional hardware.
Hardware and software systems of BaseALT and TONK group it is possible recommend for creation of IT infrastructure of any scale and complexity.
As a part of the Russian domestic industrial computer
The companies BaseALT, Baikal Electronics also "Hamster robotiks Engineering" combined efforts for development of "the first the Russian platform industrial computers" as a part of which — ADP equipment on the basis of processor BE-T1000 (Baikal-T1) both operating systems Viola for servers and workstations. Initial sales volume is planned from 1 thousand computers a month; a task for the next 2 years — to increase it to 10 thousand a month, reported TAdviser on February 25, 2019 in Hamster Robotiks. In more detail here.
Compatibility with DocsVision
On February 21, 2019 "DocsVision" reported that together with "BaseALT" successfully completed testing of work of the web client EDMS Docsvision of production of DocsVision company with operating systems (OS) the Viola of Development of BaseALT Company families. In more detail here.
Compatibility with the SKALA-R hyper convergent complex
The OS Alt Workstation 8, the OS Alt K 8 Workstation, the OS Alt Server 8, OS Alt Education 8, OS Alt 8 of the joint venture, Alt Linux SPT 7 — the distribution kits based on Linux kernel including the operating system and the set of applications for a full-fledged work supporting the different additional hardware.
During testing full compatibility and correct joint work of products is confirmed that allows to recommend a hyper convergent complex Scala-R for use with OS of the Viola family.
Compatibility with "Rvirtualization 7" and "Rkhranilishche 7"
On October 31, 2018 the company "BaseALT" reported that together with "Rosplatforma" carried out an inspection for correct work operating systems on the Viola platform as guest in the environment of server virtualizations Rosplatforma company. Full compatibility and correctness of work Alt Linux SPT 7.0 Viola Workstation, the Viola Workstation K, Viola Server and the Viola of 8 joint ventures is confirmed. As the environment of virtualization it was used hyper convergent IT infrastructure from R-virtualization R-storage the products "7" and "7".
| ||Work of the Viola operating systems as guest on the domestic system of virtualization of Rosplatforma company will allow the organizations and the enterprises to use the server resources most effectively. Domestic hardware and software solution, first of all, will be useful for the large departments and corporations which are placing the information resources in DPCs and at the same time implementing corporate import substitution programs.|
Alexey Smirnov, CEO of BaseALT
FSTEC certificate of Russia
On August 30, 2018 the company BaseALT announced that it Russian operating system the VIOLA of 8 joint ventures received the certificate Federal Service for Technical and Export Control. The software product conforms to requirements FSTEC Russia to operating systems. Action of certificate No. 3866 extends till August 10, 2023.
The FSTEC certificate of Russia certifies that OS ALT 8 of the joint venture:
- is the operating system of A type with the built-in means of protecting from unauthorized access to information which is not containing the data which are the state secret;
- conforms to requirements of regulating documents: "Security requirements of information to operating systems (FSTEC of Russia, 2016) and "A profile of protection of operating systems of A type of the fourth class of protection. IT.OS.A4.PZ" (FSTEC of Russia, 2017).
| ||VIOLA of 8 joint ventures belongs to an operating system family of ALT. These are the Russian OS whose lifecycle is implemented on domestic infrastructure of development and the Russian repository Sisyphus. Control from jurisdiction of our country over implementation of lifecycle of the ALT operating systems provides their technology independence, compliance to requirements of the Russian regulators and compatibility with domestic hardware and software solutions.|
Alexey Smirnov, CEO of BaseALT company
Compatibility with "MyOffice Standard" and "MyOffice Education"
On August 14, 2018 it became known that the Russian companies "BaseALT" and "New cloud technologies" announced a successful completion of testing of the latests version of the products: "MyOffice Standard" and "MyOffice Education" developments of New cloud technologies company with operating systems on the ALT platform of BaseALT company.
Based on OS ALT and the MyOffice Standard office suite of the organization can create the ready jobs of government employees and office employees equipped with a full range of the necessary software for work with documents. The software package can be applied in public authorities, the state corporations, in educational institutions and business structures.
Full compatibility and correctness of work of products is confirmed that allows to recommend "MyOffice Standard" and "MyOffice Education" for work in operating systems of Alt Linux SPT 7.0, the Viola the Workstation, the Viola Education and the Viola of 8 joint ventures.
One more result of technology partnership of BaseALT and New cloud technologies companies – an online course. "Training of the Teacher for Work with Electronic Documents in the MyOffice Education" rate will help to study features of a product and also to master technology of work with editors of the text documents, spreadsheets and the presentations entering a packet. "MyOffice Education" conforms to requirements of the FSES, enters the unified register of domestic software and is suitable for training and work in the educational organizations.
Inclusion in structure of the protected TP/IIoT ASU digital platform for the NPP
The Russian IT company BaseALT and the Moscow plant Fizpribor announced on August 9, 2018 inclusion operating system Viola in structure the protected digital platform APCS / IIoT for the NPP and other objects of industrial automation.
Viola OS was selected by the plant as the certified Russian system with the high level of reliability and unlimited duration of a vital (technology) cycle that Sisyphus and the developed ecosystem of developers of the Russian software is provided with system development based on the Russian independent repository, noted in BaseALT.
| ||We are grateful to the Fizpribor plant for the choice OS Alt as a component of its products — Alexey Smirnov, the CEO of BaseALT noted. – Application of the domestic operating system on the basis of Linux in critical infrastructure of nuclear power will allow to provide technology independence of its digital platform, resistance to network attacks, high-performance work of the used software and hardware tools. In further joint work with the plant we will rely on the long-term experience of release of the non-standard distribution kits customized under needs of big customers.|| |
During joint work of the company are going to develop the Viola OS specialized distribution kit for its application in an APCS and industrial Internet of Things.
| ||We are aimed at long-term cooperation with BaseALT which will allow the enterprise to turn out products with the built-in domestic operating system providing support of a wide class of domestic and foreign hardware platforms, the modern APCS / IoT protocols, means of communication, drivers of devices and special purpose software — Vadim Podolny the deputy CEO for system integration and cyber security of the Moscow plant "Fizpribor" told. — Our developers had an opportunity to make use of experience of a partner ecosystem of BaseALT for increase in culture of development and security of software by Fizpribor within all types of the developed software.|| |
The Viola distribution kit for servers and the PC based on Elbrusov
On June 6, 2018 the BaseALT company provided the distribution kit of a domestic software platform of Viola OS based on Linux kernel intended for work on domestic processors with architecture Elbrus. Development is created within cooperation of BaseALT with MCST and "Institute of electronic managing machines of I.S. Brook" (enters into Avtomatika concern of State Corporation Rostec).
According to developers, the distribution kit contains the operating system and a set of application programs for servers and for workstations. All software works in the main mode of the processor (in the binary codes "Elbrus"). It provides higher performance in comparison with the mode of binary broadcasting which allows to start the programs collected under x86 processors.
The domestic repository of Sisyphus allowing to provide complete lifecycle of the distribution kits created on its base is the cornerstone of development. In addition to software packages, it contains original domestic infrastructure of assembly and maintenance of integrity.
| ||Release of Viola OS — a major step on the way of creation of an ecosystem of the software for the Elbrus platform. We are going to keep further development of different operating systems for the Elbrus platform — Alexander Kim, the CEO of JSC MCST and INEUM named after I. Brook said.|| |
According to BaseALT, the Russian organizations and the enterprises can already deploy full-fledged servers and workstations based on Viola OS technology pair — Elbrus.
Compatibility with Prognoz Platform 9.0
The Russian IT developer "Forsythe" and "BaseALT" announced in February, 2018 compatibility of the latests version of products - analytical Prognoz Platform complex 9.0 and the Viola of 8 Joint Ventures operating system. Within testing the correctness of joint work of software solutions was confirmed. It means that users of the Viola of 8 Joint Ventures operating system can apply in full in the work analytical functionality of the Prognoz Platform 9.0 platform which will enter the market in the nearest future.
Compatibility with EDMS THESIS
In February, 2018 the company Haulmont received the certificate of system compatibility of management of documents and tasks THESIS about operating systems Viola of production of the company BaseALT. He confirms that EDMS TEZIS correctly works in systems Alt Linux SPT 7, "Viola Server 8.2" and "the Viola of 8 joint ventures". In more detail here.
Compatibility with "Red Baza Dannykh"
The companies Red Soft and BaseALT in February, 2018 announced successful testing of the latests version of two products from lines of developers: DBMS "Red Data Base" (Red Soft companies) and operating systems on the Viola platform (BaseALT company). In more detail here.
2017: OS line for the Russian processors
In December, 2017 the BaseALT announced development and the planned output to the market of a line of the Viola operating systems (OS) developed especially for devices based on the Russian processors. The line will support Elbrus processors and also architecture of ARM (32-and 64-bit) and MIPS (32-and 64-bit). ARM use, for example, the Russian processors developed by SPC Elvis, and MIPS are Baikal processors. The MIPS-like architecture is involved also in the Divisional commander processors developed by SRISA of RAS.
Developers note that the line of Viola OS, thus, covers all main types of ADP equipment: servers of different performance, high-performance workstations, office PCs, industrial computers, mobile devices, controllers and telecommunication equipment (switches and routers), the information terminals exacting to processing speed and information transfers.
Further the BaseALT is also going to create the version of Viola OS for the processors of S/390 family which are widely used in mainframes.
The CEO of BaseALT Alexey Smirnov told TAdviser that the new line of OS by and large is already developed, but still it is necessary to hold joint testing with partners – producers of processors. The company is going to begin sales of Viola OS approximately with summer of 2018, he says.
The exact prices of a new line are not installed by OS as of the end of 2017 yet, Smirnov reported TAdviser.
Since 2016 Viola OS under h86 architecture, present at the register of domestic software are available. Retail price of such OS for the workstation, for example, is about 4 thousand rubles, for servers – about 10 thousand rubles.
The CEO of BaseALT noted that all components Viola OS are available free of charge in a repository Sisyphus, and persons interested can collect from them a system independently.
The BaseALT says that in the market there are yet no OS which would be suitable for the existing Russian processors. Their main part works with OS based on Linux at which start performance is often lost and there are other different problems.
Grigory Sizonenko, the CEO of IVK company who was earlier investing in BaseALT told that from developers of processors arrived to develop requests of OS under their platforms. Because there are no optimal OS, customers often have an opinion that the processor is insufficiently good, he says.
Own OS – Elbrus - is at developers of the processors of the same name. At the same time, Sizonenko says, this OS was created, first of all, for development and testing and has no rather complete functionality. It is highly specialized OS, he noted in a conversation with TAdviser.
Grigory Sizonenko considers that as of 2017 there is practically no market of domestic processors, connecting it with lack of effectively working OS for these processors. "The processor is sold by the operating system", he says. Emergence of suitable OS, according to Sizonenko, will stimulate the market of the equipment on domestic processors, and approximately in three years he expects it significant growth.
Alexey Smirnov says that a circle of the application programs compatible to BaseALT OS created earlier under h86 architecture, very big. But work on other processor architecture requires reassembly of these programs, he says that he is heavy and labor-consuming case. The BaseALT expects that the tools which are available for their company will simplify to applied developers process of transfer of programs on other architecture.
Features of support of the Russian processors in Viola OS
- On each hardware platform of Viola OS works in the "native" mode, but not in x86 command system compatibility mode with the purpose to achieve maximum capacity and also to implement support of all specific features of the processor.
- The line of Viola OS for the Russian processors, as well as Viola OS for Intel architecture, is created based on the Russian repository Sisyphus which is completely independent of any foreign repositories and develops by forces of the Russian companies and individuals who are not under control of foreign legal entities and physical persons declare in BaseALT. Sisyphus — one of four world's largest independent repositories of software along with Debian, Red Hat and SUSE.
- For each family of the Russian processors of BaseALT implements a full fabrication cycle of creation of a line of operating systems, including porting of the tools ensuring functioning with a repository, assembly and testing actually of OS and other distributive products for this hardware platform and also transfer and testing of the applied and infrastructure software ready to installation from system repositories.
- Free analogs of directory services Microsoft Active Directory and means of the organization of joint work of Microsoft Exchange (Samba DC/Free IPA and SoGo, respectively) are built in Viola OS for the Russian processors, as well as Viola OS for Intel architecture, to simplify migration on import-independent software. The directory service and infrastructure of joint work at the same time can be created based on servers with the Russian processors, for example, Elbrus. And other servers and workstations — for any supported platforms and OS Windows — will work with Viola OS under their management. It allows to transfer infrastructures, crucial for the enterprise, to a complex of the Russian OS and Russian "iron".
- Viola OS are provided with technical support on the basis of SLA in all territory of the Russian Federation in mode 24х7х365, in a format of "one window" which is implemented on the basis of partnership with ALP Gorup company. Since 2017 the technology of support of a stack of Viola OS, PostgresPro/PostgresSQL DBMS and other infrastructure and applied software products, for example, by EDMS as whole is implemented.
2016: ALT Linux p7 starterkits
Starter kits - a method of distribution and the beginning of work with a stable repository for the users preferring to define independently the list of application packages and to customize a system. Images either the window manager, or a set of server applications include the basic system, one of environments of a desktop. The core 3.14.64 is by default used, in some options others are used.
Important news of release is change of the license agreement: a number of restrictions, specific to distribution kits, now every image is removed as the compound work is delivered under free license GPLv2 or more (contents of the packets making an image are available under their original licenses).
ISO images is hybrid and is suitable for direct recording for USB Flash, and 64-bit supports loading under UEFI (except for jeos). When using shutdown of Secure Boot is optional (except for hyperv).
The following planned updating is supposed for June 12, 2016, till this time the release of the first collection of starter kits on the Eighth platform is expected.
The weekly regular assemblies based on an unstable repository of Sisyphus reflecting the current status of development (coming to the following stable branch) in the form of the LiveCD set are available.
In new release the set LiveCD with graphic environments are available:
- Cinnamon 2.0.14;
- Enlightenment 0.17.3;
- GNOME 3.8.0 (core 4.1.19);
- GNUstep (with WindowMaker and sysvinit);
- IceWM 1.3.8 (with sysvinit and a core 4.1.19);
- KDE 4.12.4;
- LXDE 0.5.5;
- LXQt 0.8.0;
- MATE 1.6.0;
- TDE 184.108.40.206 (the installer with sysvinit is also available);
- Xfce 4.10.1;
- WindowMaker 0.95.6 (with sysvinit),
Every Wednesday is supplied with the browser which is the most suitable to it.
Server installers (sysvinit is used):
- for installation in the virtual machine under control of Hyper-V, including Gen. 2 (core 4.1.19);
- the server of lightweight virtualization OpenVZ (a core 3.14.64/2.6.32-042stab113.11, archives of templates of containers are also available);
- the Samba 4.3.6 server in assembly for Active Directory Domain Controller.
"Baby's dummies" for deployment in virtual environments:
- disk image of KVM;
- jeos (minimalist installer).
Text rescue disk:
- rescue (the test of memory for BIOS/UEFI, a core 4.1.19 includes).
- Text assembly instrumental image on ALT technologies:
- builder (includes previously configured hasher, gear, mkimage).
openssh is upgraded (the version does not support unsafe outdated keys, including DSA; ed25519 is in exchange supported), at the same time in assembly of rescue use of outdated types of keys and algorithms of exchange of them is authorized.
Breakdown by default in server installers and desktop LiveCD is upgraded (earlier automatic equipment in desktop options did too small section for the root file system, and in server profiles - two or three sections of approximately identical size that is not optimal).
The ESR option of packets Firefox of version 38.7.0 is selected from images for a desktop (with support of H.264), configuring of an autoinput is added to an installed system.
Server assemblies set quota packet by default.
The server option with Samba 4 for support of work in the domain controller mode was in addition rebuilt with the corrected newer version (4.3.6), see tzh. error#31881.
firmware-linux packet for improvement of support of the hardware and also several performance tests and additional tools of network security is added to an image of rescue.
After gparted in the images smartmontools "crept away" (at the same time being disconnected together with cpufreq-simple and powertop in case of installation on the virtual machine).
In assembly with cinnamon the terminal font is corrected.
Minimalist assembly of jeos continues to purchase value out of a context of virtual machines therefore it is expanded support of installation on the MD RAID.
Server assemblies are touched regarding package structure; further changes already in p8 starterkits are expected.
Beta images of web booths, privacy CD and the added experimental jeos-ovz option are available (a minimalist installer of OpenVZ HN with the put clamps in Dmitry Levin's style, including ssh-access only on a key).
2015: There was a release of Alt Linux 7.0.5
On May 26, 2015 the Alt Linux company announced release of new versions of distribution kits on the basis of platform 7: ALT Linux 7.0.5 Centaur, ALT Linux 7.0.5 KDesktop, Simply Linux 7.0.5 and set of Alt Linux 7.0.5 School.
Changes in ALT Linux 7.0.5
- The software is updated and the known vulnerabilities as of May 22, 2015 are closed.
- Support of the RW partition into a flash disk when loading under UEFI is added;
- On-line repositories for updating are connected surely, not only at their availability;
- ALT Linux KDesktop is the multifunction user solution for three main architecture of ALT Linux based on the KDE 4 environment. KDesktop is integrated with the Centaurus server. In KDesktop 7.0.5 the NVIDIA 346.72, 340.76, 304.125, 173.14.39 drivers are updated, loss of the installation carrier at initialization of installation of a system is corrected, display of the system magazine on the 12th console is included. Are updated a kernel of Linux 3.14.41, Mesa 10.0.5, LibreOffice 4.2, Firefox 31.6.0. Different errors of the driver of video cards of Intel are corrected.
- Alt Linux Centaur 7.0.5 (ALT Linux Centaurus 7.0.5) is the universal solution for servers and workstations with the systems of initialization sysvinit for the server and systemd for the workstation. As a graphical environment for workstations the environment of MATE is offered. In the new version the possibility of input in the domain Active Directory in Command center a system appeared. For simplification of automatic installation on network the parameter of a core poweroff which switches off the computer after installation is added. The rules of time zones considering changes in the Russian legislation are updated;
- Simply Linux 7.0.5 is the solution on the basis of Xfce for desktop office and home computers. New programs are added to structure of new release: imagewriter, bash-completion, Skype-preinstall, cabextract, wine-mono, xkill (in the install-version). Are excluded from delivery of wesnoth and celestia. Firefox and thunderbird are replaced with Firefox-esr and thunderbird-esr. Stronger compression is used for a live-system. The choice of language is removed LightDM. Upgraded versions of packets: core Linux 3.14.41, X.Org 1.14.5, Firefox Thunderbird NetworkManager 0.9.8.10, 31.6, 31.6, LibreOffice 4.2, GIMP 2.8.14, Pidgin 10/2/11, Smplayer 14.3.0.
- Alt Linux School 7.0.5 - as a part of a set a server distribution kit and solutions for workstations of the teacher and pupils with a large number of programs meeting the requirements of educational standards. In it versions the possibility of input in the domain Active Directory in Command center a system appeared. Additional packets for work of WINE and Skype are added. For simplification of automatic installation on network the parameter of a core poweroff which switches off the computer after installation is added. The inxi program for obtaining data on the equipment and system operation is added.
2013: Alt Linux 7.0
ALT Linux company announced in April, 2013 a release of "The seventh platform of ALT Linux" (p7) — stable infrastructure of repositories of ALT Linux intended for development, testing, distribution, updating and support of complete solutions of all levels — from the built-in and mobile devices to servers of the enterprises and data centers, the team of ALT Linux (ALT Linux team) formed and developed within the Sisyphus project.
One of the main innovations of "The seventh platform" is the full support of architecture of ARMv7. The repository of architecture of ARMv7 (armh) is integrated into "The seventh platform" and thanks to the Marvell server hardware (Marvell Technology Group Ltd) is synchronized according to versions of packets with p7 repository on the basis of 32-and 64-bit architecture of Intel.
ARMv7 repository of "The seventh platform" is built from about 10 thousand initial packets allowing to create the server, desktop, mobile and built-in solutions integrated on the basis of architecture of ARMv7 and Intel on uniform package base and within technologies of "The seventh platform". ARMv7 repository of "The seventh platform" is one of the world's largest and has no analogs in Russia.
The seventh platform of ALT Linux supports technology of loading of UEFI, the system of initialization systemd, IPv6 protocol, creation of cryptosections of LUKS at installation and includes the newest versions of the system and application software: kernel 3.8.9, Xorg 1.14, Gnome 3.8.1, KDE 4.10.2, Firefox 20, Libreoffice 220.127.116.11 server.
For quick start of work with "The seventh platform" ALT Linux offers the users preferring to define independently structure and a design of a system, images of sets of an input (starter kits) for architecture of i586 and x86_64 in 9 options of environments of a desktop and ARMv7/Nexus7 for Enlightenment and KDE.
According to ALT Linux, products of "The seventh platform" within several years will succeed solutions on "The sixth platform", such as ALT Linux 6.0 Centaurus protected by OS Alt Linux SPT 6.0, ALT Linux 6.0 Simply, ALT Linux 6.0 Kdesktop, "Informica 6.0 School". Alt Linux continues support of products of "The sixth platform" within the announced terms, and the FSTEC certificate for Alt Linux SPT 6.0 is going to prolong for three years.
2011: Alt Linux 6.0 Centaur
On November 1, 2011 the Alt Linux company announced release of release of the central product of the sixth platform 'Alt Linux 6.0 Centaur'.
It is positioned as a multifunction distribution kit for servers and workstations and is intended first of all for use in corporate networks. As reported, in comparison with the predecessor, the Alt Linux 5.0 Ark distribution kit, in Centaur considerably advanced functionality, and the image with a distribution kit is hybrid — for record both on DVD, and on an USB flash.
Among the main features of 'the Centaur":
- the choice of the deployed solutions (for example, the Web server and a graphical environment) at an installation stage;
- both to unroll an opportunity, and to use only certain services without Alterator;
- installation of server solutions and solutions of end users from one disk;
- simple deployment of loading of diskless clients.
As a graphical environment for the workstation GNOME2 environment, as the minimum environment for administration of the server — FVWM is delivered. Almost for all server components as a part of a distribution kit there is a possibility of remote control via the web interface. At the same time installation of the web interface is not obligatory.
The central place in server functionality is taken a set by 'ALT domain' which the interconnected servers LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, Samba, DHCP, Postfix, Dovecot, the server of network loading, the server of updates enter. Use of all these servers also perhaps separately.