|Last Release Date:||June, 2019|
2019: The announcement of drones couriers, the flying by 25 km
At the beginning of June, 2019 at a conference in Las Vegas provided Amazon new couriers UAVs who allow to deliver sendings to buyers within 30 minutes. At the same time new drones are capable to fly by up to 25 km and to transfer goods up to 5 pounds (2.3 kg), i.e. the most part of products of the company.
For many years the company fought against the strict rules limiting commercial flights, especially in the USA and now tries to convince regulatory bodies that their drones couriers it is safer than people. The chief executive on consumer service of Amazon Jeff Uilk (Jeff Wilke) noted that the Prime Air drone has function of vertical take off and landing, is stabler, than the previous models, and is capable to distinguish moving objects better.
The new drone is supplied with thermal imaging cameras, cameras of depth and the sonar for detection of obstacles, and using machine learning on-board computers will be able automatically to adjust flight.
Rotors of the drone are completely closed for security, and these covers are not a useless load – they serve as wings during long flight. The drone has six degrees of freedom (at normal their quadcopter of everything four) that provides more dynamic and exact movement of the courier in air. Construction allows the drone to use all six screws both for flight forward, and for take-off with landing. Packets for delivery are located in the fuselage on the center of the drone.
At a conference the company showed to the audience the video to show transformations of the drone in air. Told Amazon that is going to start the delivery service using the new UAV in the coming months, but did not report where will test and how many clients will be able to cover.
- Robots (robotics)
- Robotics (world market)
- In the industry, medicine, fighting
- Service robots
- Collaborative robot, cobot (Collaborative robot, kobot)
- IoT - IIoT
- Artificial intelligence (AI, Artificial intelligence, AI)
- Artificial intelligence (market of Russia)
- In banks, medicine, radiology
- National Association of Participants of the Market of Robotics (NAPMR)
- Russian association of artificial intelligence
- National center of development of technologies and basic elements of robotics
- The international Center for robotics (IRC) based on NITU MISIS