|Date of the premiere of the system:||2019/09/06|
|Branches:||Telecommunication and communication|
2019: Release of platforms of Qualcomm Networking Pro series (1200, 800, 600 and 400)
On September 6, 2019 the Qualcomm Technologies company announced release of platforms of the Qualcomm Networking Pro series, the second generation of solutions for Wi-fi networks 6. Platforms provide the high speed and communication quality and are intended for the solution of the most wide range of tasks. The Qualcomm Networking Pro series consists of four platforms: 1200, 800, 600 and 400 which differ on a format, the scale of application and the computing opportunities. Platforms are suitable for work in the overloaded networks and are capable to service hundreds of attached devices without quality degradation of communication and decline in production.
As noted in Qualcomm Technologies, opportunities of modern networks are not enough for effective work in the environment with a large number of users and high quality requirements of connection. These requirements concern first of all network transmission capacity, a low delay and simultaneous equivalent access to its resources. At this conjuncture it is impossible to implement all potential of Wi-fi standard 6 therefore it is necessary to completely change approach to creation of architecture of wireless devices and to optimize it for more high loads. The Qualcomm Networking Pro platforms were developed for such networks, at the same time support of Wi-fi technologies 6 provide the increased capacity for Wednesdays with a high density of users, for example, of university audiences, shopping centers, stadiums and office buildings.
| ||"Wi-Fi 6 is a complete reconsideration of how in principle Wi-fi networks, a step forward which we do with arrival of an era of a 5G, necessary for service of a huge number of devices with connection to network work. The Qualcomm Networking Pro platforms raise a bar possible in work with constantly growing number of attached devices and are capable to consider high quality requirements and data transfer rates of each of them",|
'Nick Kucharewski, the vice president and the general wireless infrastructure and networks manager in Qualcomm Technologies corporation noted'
As of September, 2019 the Qualcomm Networking Pro series includes four platforms separated on levels which will help OEM manufacturing to select the solution, most suitable for their needs. In each of platforms all practices of Qualcomm Technologies in the field of Wi-Fi 6 are used, but from each other solutions differ in a format, possible scales of application and computing powers:
- the Qualcomm Networking Pro 1200 platform (supports up to 12 space flows of Wi-fi standard 6 and the quad-core A53 processor with a frequency up to 2.2 GHz),
- the Qualcomm Networking Pro 800 platform (supports up to 8 space flows of Wi-fi standard 6 and the quad-core A53 processor with a frequency up to 1.4 GHz),
- the Qualcomm Networking Pro 600 platform (supports up to 6 space flows of Wi-fi standard 6 and the quad-core A53 processor with a frequency up to 1.0 GHz),
- the Qualcomm Networking Pro 400 platform (supports up to 4 space flows of Wi-fi standard 6 and the quad-core A53 processor with a frequency up to 1.0 GHz).
According to the statement of the developer, the Qualcomm Networking Pro platforms support a broad spectrum of functions which are beyond standard and provide high performance in modern networks:
- support of the scheme of a broadcast 8x8 — the Qualcomm Networking Pro platforms expand the general available capacity of networks, supporting up to 12 space flows of Wi-fi standard 6 (solution Networking Pro 1200), including eight flows of Wi-fi 6 in the range of 5 GHz;
- algorithms of resource allocation Qualcomm Technologies offer the approach to traffic management for Wi-fi networks — thanks to a full support of standards of Wi-fi protocol 6 the networks built based on the Qualcomm Networking Pro platforms can set the quality standard to determine priority of access in case of a large number of the connected users by capability:
- MU-MIMO: the Qualcomm Networking Pro platforms support MU-MIMO technology for the ascending and downside channels in all ranges to provide high capacity (to 12 independent chains of Wi-fi for simultaneous connection of clients with MU-MIMO support),
- OFDMA: the Qualcomm Networking Pro platforms support OFDMA technology for the ascending and downside channels in all ranges with support to 37 users on each canal of 5 GHz;
- in the Qualcomm Networking Pro platforms the high-differentiated network architecture of Qualcomm Technologies for work with the maximum number of users is used — this technology was created as a result of research and development in environments with a high density of users and is capable to provide connections to network to 1500 clients at the same time therefore such architecture is suitable for deployment of networks of a corporate and operator class;
- the Qualcomm Networking Pro 1200 platform supports a possibility of reconfiguration of wireless resources: clients can select work from the mode of two or three channels (8x8 + 4x4 or 4x4 + 4x4 + 4x4) without the need for adding of a separate radio component;
- the Qualcomm Networking Pro platforms support the scheme of modulation Wi-Fi 6, 1024QAM that allows to increase network transmission capacity by 38% (in comparison with Wi-Fi 5);
- the security system of Qualcomm Technologies provides support of a complete packet of WPA3 (Personal, Enterprise, Opportunistic Wireless Encryption, Easy Connect).
For September, 2019 the Qualcomm Networking Pro Series platforms are already available to clients of the company.