|Customers: Ministry of Internal Affairs of Great Britain (Home Office)
Project date: 2019/05
At the end of May, 2019 the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Great Britain announced the tender for digitalization of a passport office (Her Majesty’s Passport Office, HMPO). With the winner the five-year contract worth 120 million pounds sterling ($152 million) will be signed that for 40 million pounds it is more, than it was planned initially.
In explanatory documentation to the tender the following is told:
| ||HMPO looks for the commercial partner for providing new service in replacement of passports which would allow and to save continuous work and to transform the existing document creation for the purpose of implementation of modern digital service.|| |
HMPO issues more than 6 million passports a year. Department is going to make completely digital 90% of the replaced documents by 2020.
The winner of competition will be declared till July 7, 2019. The agreement with it can be prolonged for a period of up to two additional years in case of need.
The company which will receive this state order will have to organize provision of services in two protected processing units of documents (DHU) which will work at computing powers of the contractor. It is supposed that the project "will reduce a flow of printing documentation within all workflows, will eliminate geographical restrictions, will increase efficiency and service quality and will allow to reveal better fraud cases".
Digitalization takes place not only in a passport office, but also in other governmental bodies. By 2020 start about 100 new state services provided in electronic form is planned. By the end of May, 2019 the British government executes 40 programs for digital transformation, including completely updates a taxation digital system, creates the world's largest program of reforming of courts using computer technologies, develops "a universal credit system", etc.
You See Also
- Electronic passport of the citizen of Russia
- Biometric passport of Russia
- A system on production and release of passport and visa documents of new type (biopassports)
- A system the World - Release of international passports of a new sample (GS PVDNP)
- Cybersecurity - Biometric identification
- Biometrics and border control
- Electronic military ID
- Electronic passport of an object
- Electronic passport (Rostec)
- The systems of electronic passports of vehicles in the countries of the Customs union
- My Number (digital passports in Japan)
- Electronic passport of the citizen of Finland
- Electronic citizenship of Estonia the ID card in Estonia
- Electronic passport (Digital ID) of Malaysia
- Digitalization of a passport office of Britain (Her Majesty’s Passport Office, HMPO)