The U.S. Air Force signed the contract for implementation of a blockchain for cyber security
|Customers: U.S. AIR FORCE (USAF)
Contractors: Xage SecurityProduct: Projects based on blockchain technology
Project date: 2019/12
At the end of December, 2019 the U.S. Air Force signed the contract with the Californian company Xage Security for implementation a blockchain system to provide cyber security of the systems of the U.S. Department of Defense. The contract was signed within the Research program and innovations in the field of small business (AFWERX).
Xage Security is focused on industrial Internet of Things, ensuring safety of IoT-and other devices with network connection. The military IoT-systems can include several thousands of devices, including different sensors, each of which can serve as login, threatening its security. Because of a huge number of remote devices, the probability of successful cyber attack increases many times over.
For protection it is necessary to prohibit connection of not authorized devices to network and also to provide means for identification of counterfeit devices. It can provide a blockchain which stores exact and unchangeable information on all connections and the privileges of separate devices with the control magazine of actions. Often hackers change the password and try to hide traces of the presence changing magazines of audit. However if control magazines are kept on a blockchain, the malefactor should change not one record, but a huge subset on several nodes. Such approach provides the high level of cyber security.
|In the conditions of the didzhitalization transforming the industrial and military operations we should guarantee that attached devices and networks will not refuse to work at the most inappropriate moment even at cyber attack or system failure, - the CEO of Xage Security Duncan Greatwood explained.|
He also added that the blockchain system of Xage provides the necessary security level of the distributed military networks.
You look also the Blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Overview: Blockchain of 2018
- Blockchain (main article)
- Projects based on blockchain technology
- Consortium R3 - R3 manages consortium from more than 60 world's largest financial institutions for development of disruptive commercial applications for the financial services industry which use the corresponding elements of the distributed and general register technologies.
- Blockchain in Russia
- Bitcoin Cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin in Russia
- Cryptocurrencies in Russia
- ICO (Initial Сoin Offering)
- How to estimate ICO
- Cryptocurrency exchanges
- Ethereum (cryptocurrency)
- Hyperledger (Open Ledger Project)
- MasterChain of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation
- IPChain Network of transactions of the rights and intellectual property items
- Blockchain fund
- Emercoin Consortium
- Digital Trade Chain (DTC)
- Quantum cryptography (enciphering)
- Cryptography in digital technologies
- Cybersecurity - Means of enciphering