|The name of the base system (platform):||PostgreSQL of DBMS|
|Developers:||Postgres Professional (PPG, Postgres Professional)|
|Date of the premiere of the system:||2016|
|Last Release Date:||2019/07/04|
DBMS includes not only the innovations and corrections accepted by the international community and entered to the main branch of development of PostgreSQL, but also expansion, improvement and correction developed by specialists of Postgres Professional. As a result utilization properties of a product increase, in particular, performance of Postgres Pro DBMS is 2-2.5 times higher — both in model tests, and in cases of real life application. Besides, there is a version of a product optimized for support of crucial IT solutions and work as a part of the high-loaded information systems. Postgres Pro DBMS is included into the register of the Russian software, and one of versions of a product is certified by FSTEC of Russia.
Postgres Pro Enterprise 11.4.1
On July 4, 2019 the Postgres Professional company released Postgres Pro Enterprise 11.4.1 DBMS. This release is based on PostgreSQL 11.4 and Postgres Pro Enterprise 11.2.1.
According to the company, all changes inherited from PostgreSQL 11.4 are described in Notes to PostgreSQL 11.4 release. When comparing of the updated release with Postgres Pro Enterprise 11.2.1 it is necessary to select eight main differences.
Is only in Postgres Pro Enterprise 11.4.1 DBMS:
- Support of OCSUSE of Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3 is added.
- Support of the operating room sistemyastra is added by Linux "Oryol" 2.12.
- The module pg_pathman is updated to version 1.5.8. This version in comparison with 1.5.5, Postgres Pro delivered in the previous release, includes the following improvements:
- work with the tables broken into multilevel sections Is corrected. Before the SELECT FOR SHARE and SELECT FOR UPDATE command for such tables could give the following error message: ERROR: variable not found in subplan target lists (ERROR: the variable is not found in target lists of the subplan).
- stability of pg_pathman Is increased.
- The module pg_probackup is updated to version 2.1.3.
- The pgpro_scheduler expansion is improved:
- schedule.auto_enabled configuration setting defining whether pgpro_scheduler will join at start of the server Is added. By default at restart of the pgpro_scheduler server automatically does not join.
- the schedule.is_enabled function (), allowing to check Is added whether pgpro_scheduler works at present. schedule.enabled configuration setting serving this purpose earlier became outdated.
- The multimaster expansion is updated:
- support of declarative syntax of pg_pathman Is added. Sectioning using the pg_pathman functions is incompatible with the current implementation of multimaster.
Is in Postgres Pro Enterprise 11.4.1 DBMS and in Postgres Pro Standard 11.4.1 DBMS:
- Support Rosa Enterprise Linux Server of OS 7 and ROSA "COBALT" (server edition) on ROSA platform 7 is added. The previous versions of these operating systems are not supported any more.
- Selectivity assessment for requests with the transactions IN and also with conditions in which the columns entering wider multicolumnar indexes appear is improved.
Compatibility with Security Vision
On June 28, 2019 Security Vision announced that that together with Postgres Professional compatibility of a number of the software products confirmed the fact. They became technology partners and issued appropriate certificates about compatibility. Details here.
Postgres Pro Enterprise 11
On May 13, 2019 the Postgres Pro company announced release of the 11th version of the industrial Postgres Pro Enterprise 11 database management system intended for the high-loaded systems.
According to the company, the version has twice bigger performance in comparison with basic and contains a number of improvements in the plan of security, reliability and conveniences of operation. Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS is included into the unified register of domestic software, the cost of operation of a system is 5-7 times lower than foreign analogs. Postgres Pro Enterprise found application in information systems of FTS, Ministry of Finance, Gazpromneft and other large organizations.
The experimental built-in puler of connections allowing to increase much the number of the users who are at the same time working with the database is added to the version of Postgres Pro Enterprise 11. Creation of indexes and index search in JSON is accelerated, the covering indexes are added. A number of improvements concerned optimization of DBMS of SQL queries, sectioning of tables and parallel execution of requests.
Possibilities of window functions are expanded to a complete covering of the SQL standard: 2011. Support of transaction management in the built-in procedural languages is added. Also enter number of special opportunities of Postgres Pro Enterprise increasing convenience of operation the built-in scheduler of tasks, support of autonomous transactions and the multimaster a cluster which simplifies creation and operation of a failsafe configuration and allows to carry out updating of versions of DBMS without stopping of a system. In Postgres Pro Enterprise 11 the module of the multimaster is updated for the purpose of reliability augmentation and reduction of system requirements.
The data storage format in Postgres Pro Enterprise is modified so that considerably to reduce risk of data loss and to timely notify the administrator on errors of a disk subsystem. Functions of integrity checking of the database and the backup copy are added. Perhaps fast backup without stopping works, including, incremental.
Postgres Pro Enterprise 11 includes support of expanded access control, including at the level of separate records. Storage of checksums in files and blocks and also control of files of the database reduce risk of distortion of information. Use of SHA2 increases reliability of storage of hashes of passwords. Data compression complicates unauthorized access to information directly on a disk. Time supervision of activity of sessions reduces risk of use of connections for unauthorized access.
For May, 2019 in a limit of Postgres Pro Enterprise 11 DBMS it is capable to sustain loading to 10,000 at the same time working users and 1 million transactions per second at the database size up to 150 TB, at the same time the maximum delay at maintenance of a cluster will make less than 1 second (data depending on the used server hardware).
Release of the DVD version of DBMS
Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS — fork Postgres Pro for large enterprises and the high-performance systems which contains all functions of the free distributed version and also a number of significant completions — received FSTEC certificate No. 4063. She became one more certified product in a line of database management systems of development of Postgres Professional company.
The certified version of Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS completely has all arsenal of opportunities of Postgres Pro Enterprise v.10.3.3 and in addition has:
- the built-in means of protecting from unauthorized access to information, including cleaning of operational and disk memory (cleaning of files in an external bulk memory before removal, cleaning of versions of lines (cleaning of pages) before removal, cleaning of RAM before release, cleaning of the magazine of anticipatory record before removal or rewriting);
- built-in control of integrity of executable files, configuration files and tables of the system catalog;
- the independent module pgaudit allowing to configure and register flexibly different events of information security: an input and output and also attempts of an input, access attempt to the protected objects, change of mechanisms of data protection and other events;
- the module pgbadger for complex analysis of log files generating reports and diagrams;
- the agent of Mamonsu of a monitoring system Zabbix for collecting of metrics of Postgres Pro Enterprise and the operating system;
- the backup utility pg_probackup allows to create complete and incremental backup copies of big DB;
- the built-in scheduler of tasks allowing to automate processes of work with a DB;
- the balancer of the pgbouncer connections minimizing the costs connected with establishment of connections.
The certified version of Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS conforms to requirements of RD of computer engineering means for security of information on the 5th class of security, and RD NDV for the 4th level of Specifications at accomplishment of operating instructions.
The certified Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS can be applied to data protection, in the state information systems and automated control systems up to 1 class of security and also providing up to 1 level of security of personal data in information systems for which threats of the 1st, 2nd or 3rd type are referred to relevant.
14 operating systems both certified, and not certified are supported.
Certificate No. 4063 of 1/16/2019 has validity period till January 16, 2024, i.e. — 5 complete years.
Compatibility about "1C:Enterprise 8"
On February 14, 2019 the company 1C Joint Stock Company reported that based on technical testing the compatibility 1C: Enterprise of the 8 platform with the tenth versions of the Russian Postgres Pro database management system is confirmed:Postgres Pro Standard 10.6, Postgres Pro Enterprise 10.6 and Postgres Pro Enterprise 10.3.3 FSTEC (is certified). To customers assemblies under are available operating systems Windows CentOS Debian Ubuntu Alt Linux, to Rosa. In more detail here.
The version for Prognoz Platform
Foresight company, the developer of the platform business аналитикиPrognoz Platform, and Postgres Professional company, the Russian vendor of the Postgres Pro database management system, announced on March 1, 2018 signing of the contract on strategic partnership.
Emergence in the Russian market of the analytical Prognoz Platform complex with the specialized version of Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS became result of cooperation of the companies. As the exclusive supplier of the special version of Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS for Prognoz Platform Foresight acts.
The complete solution is designed to help the organizations of the public and commercial sector to take a step on the way to import substitution of the software, having received as an alternative to foreign BI products the modern Russian analytical Prognoz Platform complex (with tools of "classical" and "advanced" analytics and also BPM), and at the same time to perform migration on the Russian Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS. An acquisition condition and also operation of Prognoz Platform with Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS will allow the organizations to estimate not only functional, but also economic advantages of the integrated product, consider in Foresight and Postgres Professional.
| ||Technology cooperation of Foresight and Postgres Professional is an opportunity to integrate advantages of our developments and to propose to users the complete solution, including domestic tools of a business intelligence Prognoz Platform and Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS. Cooperation with Postgres Professional company will allow to strengthen a platform position in the Russian market of a business intelligence and to increase number of implementations based on Prognoz Platform — Denis Milyukov, the commercial director of Foresight considers.|| |
| ||Users of Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS for Prognoz Platform will receive the modern functional database management system which meets increased requirements of reliability and security, saves stability of work at high loads — Ivan Panchenko, the deputy CEO of Postgres Professional company added.|| |
DBMS is tested for compatibility with Scala-R
On October 25, 2017 IBS Interlab companies, Rosplatforma and Postgres Professional announced tests of Postgres Pro DBMS on hyper convergent hardware-software complexes Scala-R under control of software Rosplatforma in the conditions of high loads.
"Scala Wednesday / Postgres Pro" is the preconfigured solution running the specialized version of Postgres Pro Enterprise. It uses high-speed drives, the network solution for delivery of magazines of changes and coordination of transactions.
The complex is developed for critical scenarios of application with millions of transactions per second. For use in the systems of a wide class there are more economic scenarios of work of databases under control of PostgreSQL based on conventional infrastructure components, but in similar scenarios there is essentially important a guarantee of stable work of this DBMS.
In the next release of R-storage — SDS bases of the Scala-R complex — Rosplatforma paid special attention to optimization for support of features of work of PostgreSQL, such as high frequency of system calls of synchronization of the buffer, strict requirement of their working off with fixing of data on the permanent carrier and also need of the shortest response time in the conditions of a large number of input-output operations. Transition to a user space (Linux userspace) on nodes of network of storage became one more significant change in the version of R-storage that allowed to increase considerably the number of input-output operations per second in a cluster.
On the basis of results of tests IBS Interlab, Rosplatforma and Postgres Professional prepared for customers of the recommendation about system settings and announced joint support of Postgres Pro on the Russian hyper convergent Scala-R systems.
Inspection control of Postgres Pro Certified
The Postgres Professional company announced on September 29, 2017 completion of inspection control of the latest version of the Russian Postgres Pro Certified DBMS based on Postgres Pro 126.96.36.199. Were tested by NPO Eshelon laboratory. Owners of the certified version of Postgres Pro DBMS will receive updating free of charge.
In addition to the eliminated vulnerabilities in the version of Certified:
- support of work with 1C: Enterprise platform is added,
- there was a manager of backup of pg_probackup,
- hashing of the password is implemented by algorithm SCRAM-SHA-256,
- the augmented list of supported operating systems — now it includes Astra Linux Special Edition, a ROSA Cobalt, a ROSA of SX "is LAME", Alt Linux SPT 6.0, Alt Linux SPT 7.0, the GosLinux 6 and MSVSphere 6.3 Server,
- the built-in means of protecting from unauthorized access, including cleaning of operational and disk memory, control of integrity of executable files, configuration files and tables of the system catalog are implemented.
The version of Certified can be applied to the data protection which is not the state secret and personal data in information and automated control systems.
Postgres Pro DBMS has FSTEC certificate No. 3637 valid through October 05, 2019. The document certifies that Postgres Pro DBMS conforms to requirements of regulating documents of RD of computer engineering means for the 5th class, RD NDV on the 4th level and Specifications.
In plans of the company — certification of Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS intended for the high-loaded systems of large enterprises. Postgres Pro and Postgres Pro Enterprise DBMS will regularly undergo inspection control for the purpose of closing of the detected vulnerabilities and updating of functionality.
Release of Postgres Pro Enterprise 188.8.131.52
Functions are added to release:
- multimasterny cluster — the DBMS function providing the distributed transaction complete in cluster scales, and scalability on reading;
- adaptive planning of requests - is based on the methods of machine learning allowing DBMS to study on own experience when planning advanced queries;
- the compression of data at the level of blocks allows to reduce the physical volume of data storage from 2 to 10 times (based on testing on real databases) and to increase performance;
- The 64-bit counter of transactions solves the overflow problem relevant for the loaded systems with the large volume of transactions (hundreds of millions transactions a day and more);
- sectioning of tables on the basis of the pg_pathman expansion increases performance and scalability of DBMS at the expense of the adapted algorithms of planning and execution of requests.
| ||Creation of Postgres Pro Enterprise became reply to the requests of the large companies which felt the need for improvement of PostgreSQL for the tasks. The opportunities put in the Enterprise-version already attracted interest of a number of the Russian customers watching development since the first release in December, 2016. We will continue development of the disruptive directions. Now work on a multimasterny cluster with sharding, optimization of units, backup reliability augmentation, etc. is actively conducted.|
Oleg Bartunov, CEO of Postgres Professional
Support of Postgres Pro DBMS on the basis of SLA
In March ALP Group announced the beginning of providing service of vendor technical support for the universal and high-performance database management system (DBMS) Postgres Pro. Users will receive high-quality IT support on the basis of agreements on quality of service (SLA) in all territory of the Russian Federation, and the SLA parameters extend to requests of any complexity. Besides, within this service in Russia the universal mechanism of interaction of technical supports protecting the user from extremely widespread situation in which it appears between several vendors and his IT problem is for the first time implemented is not solved.
In the fall of 2016 the Postgres Professional company released a new product – the version of DBMS for big customers of Postgres Pro Enterprise, the CEO Oleg Bartunov reported TAdviser. At the end of November the company tests internal release 1.0, in the middle of December is going to show version 1.5, and by the end of February, 2017 – to provide to clients version 2.0.
Postgres Pro Enterprise is first Russian DBMS for the large companies. "Now in Russia the hot topic of technology independence, and many companies began to look for alternatives to the import commercial software. In the field of DBMS a favourite is Open Source of PostgreSQL DBMS, thanks to the rich opportunities, the liberal license and existence of the Russian vendor – Postgres Professional company", – the head of development Alexander Korotkov says.
| ||However PostgreSQL DBMS does not meet all requirements which are imposed by big customers. Proceeding from these requirements we both develop Postgres Pro Enterprise, and we expect first of all demand from the large Russian companies, – Alexander Korotkov explained TAdviser.|| |
The company began to work on this forok (a branch, the version) of PostgreSQL 2016 in the spring. "Somewhere in July, 2016 we finally understood that our clients want new features and we should begin to advance our developments in our own fork without thinking about compatibility", – Oleg Bartunov tells.
Happens so that the companies try to earn from world famous Open Source products, just reselling them in almost not changed type, Alexander Korotkov says: "But it does not concern us as our Postgres Pro Enterprise includes many improvements in comparison with PostgreSQL".
The head of development told TAdviser about key features of Postgres Pro Enterprize.
64-bit transaction ID
It is very relevant for big clients as on modern multinuclear servers the 32-bit transaction ID can be overflowed each several hours, Alexander explains.
Is very relevant as it allows to simplify management of big tables significantly.
"In our case it is about an incremental backup at the level of blocks, – Alexander Korotkov explains. – The DBMS server traces data units which changed from the moment of the previous backup and only them includes in the following incremental backup. Thus, having a complete backup and a set of increments, it is possible to be recovered at the time of any of these backups".
| ||To large customers it is especially important as, they work with large volumes of data. And therefore the question of economy of the place including the place taken by backups is particularly acute. Besides, removal of an incremental backup is executed quicker and creates smaller load of the server, – Alexander Korotkov explains.|| |
Support of 1C
The company weighed pluses and minuses of such opportunity. The argument contra consisted that some changes which are necessary for support of 1C can hypothetically prevent other users, however it is not confirmed in practice yet, Alexander says. The argument is pro obvious: it is an opportunity to use all advantages of Enterprise of the version at operation of 1C.
| ||Both our tests, and tests of our partners show that Postgres Pro Enterprise with support of 1C works quicker not only normal PostgreSQL with support of 1C, but also the Microsoft SQL Server. Now we conduct negotiations with 1C on that Postgres Pro Enterpise was officially announced by DBMS supporting 1C, – Alexander Korotkov reported TAdviser.|| |
The head of development described still some changes made in Postgres Pro Enterprise (the complete list will be in notes to release):
- The multimaster will allow to provide high availability of a DB and scaling of reading without change of the application.
- Adaptive planning allows the query optimizer to study on the errors, i.e. to apply methods of machine learning to creation of more optimal plans of requests.
- The compression of tabular spaces allowing to reduce the volume of the stored data at 3-10 times. At the same time tests show what on many typical profiles of loading of significant decline in production does not arise.
- Numerous improvements of indexing, including the covering indexes, support of search of the closest neighbors in spgist and btree, the new index rum method which in particular allows to organize very quick full-text search, reduction of WAL traffic during creation of spgist/gist/gin of indexes.
- Security improvements: SCRAM authentication and timeout for idle of sessions.
- The scheduler of tasks allowing to automate many administration tasks without use of external utilities.
- Autonomous transactions which are very useful when implementing logging.
- Monitoring of progress of accomplishment of a request that allows to learn in what stage is a request which did not finish the accomplishment yet.
- The scheduler's hints usual to many users of commercial DBMS, allow the administrator to interfere with formation of the plan of a specific request manually.
- In-memory FDW. Now actively the in-memory direction develops, specialized DBMS appear, traditional DBMS have in-memory engines. We do not lag behind too, we develop the in-memory the engine. At the beginning our in-memory the engine will work through foreign data wrappers (FDW) the interface, and then the full interface will be developed for pluggable storages.
Enterprise of the version is interested as the acting clients of the company, and potential, Alexander Korotkov considers. He expects that shortly at the enterprises product introductions will begin.